• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Disabling LEDs on LED Case Fans

Shuk

n00b
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
33
There are a bunch of cases I'm interested in, such as the Cooler Master RC-690, but I hate LEDs (to me its like the tech equivalent of 'bling'). Is there a way of disabling the LED on the fan, or can you replace the fan with a non-LED one?
 
You could cut the two leads that go to each led. Just make sure there's no bare wire hanging out of the insulation. Or you could just buy new fans like these or these, but any 120mm fan will do.
 
You could cut the two leads that go to each led. Just make sure there's no bare wire hanging out of the insulation. Or you could just buy new fans like these or these, but any 120mm fan will do.

QFT. I replace all the fans I get in most cases as they are crap. I recommend going with Sythe S Flex fans or Noctua (but they are costly).
 
Back
Top