Disabling Gapless Playback on Zune

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
I did some googling on this and came up dry.

My wife listens to a lot of audio books on her zune and the gapless playback is an annoyance for her when she's listening to them.

Is there any way to toggle gapless playback on the Zune?

Don't think there is a way to toggle gapless playback.

You could try to flash your Zune to an older version of the firmware. When the Zune 80 and 30 just came out there was no gapless playback.

Don't think there is a way to toggle gapless playback.

You could try to flash your Zune to an older version of the firmware. When the Zune 80 and 30 just came out there was no gapless playback.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. She likes the gapless when listening to music. It's just a matter of when she's listening to the audio books.

thanks for the comment, though.

Have you tried editing the audio book files so that there is some quiet space at the beginning and end? Some like audacity should be able to let you do this very easily.

I did not know Zune had gapless playback that is nice.

only on the newer firmwares.

Yup, the gapless playback is a pretty new feature for the Zune, that I'm pretty sure was on the most recent firmware update. So many people seemed to be calling for it, so it's kind of funny to see a situation where it's not wanted/needed. A menu option to turn it on and off would be nice, but who knows if something like that would ever happen.

Back