• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

disabling crossfire leads to BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kencheeto

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
2,851
I ran 4850 512mb in CF for awhile, and now have a second monitor. Since I play EVE and run two clients at the same time, I'd like to assign each 4850 to a monitor.

I figure the first step is to disable crossfire, but it blue screens after the screen goes black to switch out of crossfire, when I hit apply in CCC.

Could I just take out the crossfire bridges and reboot?
I have the latest 8.11 drivers and everything has worked beautifully until now, and I've also reinstalled drivers to no effect.

edit:

Alright, so I stumbled upon a fairly random solution that worked for me. I installed the latest Intel chipset drivers and now there is no problem recognizing the two separate gpus and disabling crossfire. Go figure.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top