• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Disable "Smart Fan"?

a_kraker99

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
85
I was just wondering what all of you do if you have the smart fan setting in your BIOS. If I disable it my CPU fan runs at 100% all the time right? Is there a standard on motherboards as to what temperature triggers that fan to run 100% if it is enabled?
 
No standard that I've heard of, but I set mine based on watching the temps occasionally. It kicks in at 28C (below ambient case temp so it's always on) and 100% at 45C (IIRC). When I first set up the computer, I played with this a lot till I got a pair of temps that I was happy with. I haven't touched it in quite a while.
 
Yea, right now im looking at my fan and its at 100%. Do I need to the smart fan thing on? I have an Asus motherboard. In my board it has a q-fan control option. Do I need to turn this on?
 
Are your temps acceptable? Is the fan too noisy? If you want the fan slower and the temps are still OK, you can reduce the speed using the smart speed control. If not, leave it at 100% all the time. If the noise gets to you, get a better cooler and run the fan at speeds that ramp with temperature.
 
Are your temps acceptable? Is the fan too noisy? If you want the fan slower and the temps are still OK, you can reduce the speed using the smart speed control. If not, leave it at 100% all the time. If the noise gets to you, get a better cooler and run the fan at speeds that ramp with temperature.

+1

I prefer the smart fan /q-fan as my CPU fan is very noisy on full, but at slow speeds it keeps my rig in check and slowly ramps up when needed from the mobo control.
 
Back
Top