Disable routing on a linksys?

cuz_why

n00b
I tried google and came up with nothing and I was wondering.

How can I disable routing on a RT41-BU Linksys router. I'm trying to get it to act more as a switch instead of being connected from one router to a second, so i wanted to disable routing on it.

Just so you know, you might need a cross over between the two routers. Some of the newer ones don't require it as they can detect and change themselves but if neither one supports that feature, then you might need the cross over.

If you want to use it as a "switch"....don't use the WAN port, use only the LAN ports. Also disable DHCP as mentioned above...since you don't want different DHCP services on the same network...let your primary router (or server) do that.
One more thing though...you need to make sure the LAN IP of this Linksys will not conflict with the LAN IP of your main router....or any other IP you're using. By default the Linksys will be 192.168.1.1.....so if your primary router is also a Linksys or another brand that's at 192.168.1.1....and you link them together via LAN ports...network will not be happy.

Back