• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Disable Integrity Checks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only entity that can bring true DirectX 10 to Windows XP is Microsoft.
This depends on your definition of "true". Anyone could implement DX10 on WinXP. It would probably be considerable work though and I doubt it will ever happen though.

Case in point: DX9 applications can run on unix via Wine, and work has already begun on implementing DX10.
 
This depends on your definition of "true". Anyone could implement DX10 on WinXP. It would probably be considerable work though and I doubt it will ever happen though.
Considering everything they'd need to change is closed-source, they'd have a hell of a long time custom writing everything to get there. Time would be better spend developing a new product versus trying to clone DX10.
 
I bow at your feet of infinite wisdom :rolleyes:

So in short, STFU about DX10 and XP.
It is an argument I am sick and tired of hearing about.

Sure, you may have found a little icon that tricks programs into thinking you've got DX10 by modifying some files and editing your version in the registry, but the REAL DX10 games, you'll be SOL on, because XP simply won't run them when they start utilizing the new features.

I want to close with repeating this point for the third time, so you are CLEAR on this:

The only entity that can bring true DirectX 10 to Windows XP is Microsoft.

I'll let you know how my tests work when I running a game with DX10. I'll try Lost Planet tomorrow. I hope you'll be eating my results.
 
I'll let you know how my tests work when I running a game with DX10. I'll try Lost Planet tomorrow. I hope you'll be eating my results.

We all know that either you will not say another damn thing about your "tests" or you'll just make shit up. But this thread has been amusing to say the least.
 
My computer has never suffered a massive virus infection where the damage was irreparable. I use ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, check active processes manually, notice strange application behavior, and I eliminate everything that threatens me immediately. It's really not a hard thing to do.

Unlike the average PC user, I don't need security from Microsoft who has supposedly done you a favor by blocking off access to the operating system. What a strange world we live in today. The fear of security brainwashes the populace into believing everything Microsoft (and other companies too) wants you to believe.

I don't know about anyone else here -- but I'm still hung up on this one. I found it quite humorous being told that any security I have is an illusion, while this guy uses "ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, check active processes manually, notice strange application behavior, and I eliminate everything that threatens me immediately"

I think I'd rather my illusion of security vs. tin foil hat syndrome.
 
This is one entertaining thread. I just noticed that my desk lamp has no dimmer, only an on/off switch. Its manufacturer is clearly oppressing me and trying to take away my rights. It won't give me the FULL CONTROL that I need, so I am going to protest on the Internet and ask for a hack.
 
I don't know about anyone else here -- but I'm still hung up on this one. I found it quite humorous being told that any security I have is an illusion, while this guy uses "ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, check active processes manually, notice strange application behavior, and I eliminate everything that threatens me immediately"

I think I'd rather my illusion of security vs. tin foil hat syndrome.

Yeah, makes sense to me. I don't need any protection from Microsoft, as it can't match the security ZoneAlarm gives me. Plus, ZoneAlarm doesn't lock me out of my own damn operating system. It's the user's fault if they don't use any security. Thus, leave my OS open, the way it should be.
 
This is one entertaining thread. I just noticed that my desk lamp has no dimmer, only an on/off switch. Its manufacturer is clearly oppressing me and trying to take away my rights. It won't give me the FULL CONTROL that I need, so I am going to protest on the Internet and ask for a hack.

Your example is completely different. Microsoft's old OS's are still unlocked and let you do pretty much anything with them. Now, they have made the product worse and you all idolize Microsoft.

I hate Microsoft fan-boys. I like XP and Vista, don't get me wrong, but integrity checks are the worst thing Microsoft could ever force upon its customers.
 
I hate Microsoft fan-boys. I like XP and Vista, don't get me wrong, but integrity checks are the worst thing Microsoft could ever force upon its customers.

The end-all-be-all most stupid thing you could have possibly said. I hope an Admin or Mod traipses around soon to put this one to rest forever.

You're basically saying that the integrity checks that Microsoft put into Vista and Windows 7 that ensures the OS works with a high level of integrity - read: it doesn't fucking fall apart when some dumbass idiot installs a non-certified driver which is known to be a major cause of system instability and would just give the dumbass idiot more reasons to try and blame Microsoft for a "crappy OS that crashes" - are the worst thing Microsoft has ever done for their operating systems.

You're basically saying that by adding something that keeps the OS more reliable, more stable, and certainly more crash-resistant and useful is the worst thing Microsoft has ever done.

You, sir, are a complete and utter fool, and I do hope this one gets locked up quick.
 
The end-all-be-all most stupid thing you could have possibly said. I hope an Admin or Mod traipses around soon to put this one to rest forever.

You're basically saying that the integrity checks that Microsoft put into Vista and Windows 7 that ensures the OS works with a high level of integrity - read: it doesn't fucking fall apart when some dumbass idiot installs a non-certified driver which is known to be a major cause of system instability and would just give the dumbass idiot more reasons to try and blame Microsoft for a "crappy OS that crashes" - are the worst thing Microsoft has ever done for their operating systems.

You're basically saying that by adding something that keeps the OS more reliable, more stable, and certainly more crash-resistant and useful is the worst thing Microsoft has ever done.

You, sir, are a complete and utter fool, and I do hope this one gets locked up quick.

I can't believe you. You're the utter fool.

Peerguardian drivers are gonna crash my computer? Hell no they won't. If you get a virus or something that messes up your operating system, it's your fault. And that's the way it should be, period.

Is my OS more reliable, more stable, and more crash-resistant without Peerguardian? Hell no again.

This is ridiculous, and I wish more people saw my stance of the argument. I bet there are many who have yet to voice their opinions due to the hostility of you Microsoft defending people.

I want to use unsigned drivers because many of the programs I want to use are open source projects that cannot pay to have their drivers certified. Everyone has the right to develop a program. If it's buggy, well it will be fixed in time by the original author.
 
Last edited:
I can't believe you. You're the utter fool.

Peerguardian drivers are gonna crash my computer? Hell no they won't. If you get a virus or something that messes up your operating system, it's your fault. And that's the way it should be, period.

Is my OS more reliable, more stable, and more crash-resistant without Peerguardian? Hell no again.

This is ridiculous, and I wish more people saw my stance of the argument. I bet there are many who have yet to voice their opinions due to the hostility of you Microsoft defending people.

I want to use unsigned drivers because many of the programs I want to use are open source projects than cannot pay to have their drivers certified. Everyone has the right to develop a program. If it's buggy, well it will be fixed in time by the original author.

Yeah, go tell that to Creative Labs.

Anyway, you keep bitching about something that is not a problem, at all. Disable integrity checking during boot time and all your unsigned driver problems will go away.. or rather show their ugly side. I'm sorry you couldn't get ReadyDriverPlus working, try searching Google for a solution. But that doesn't undermine the fact the MS has already provided you with the means to get the drivers you want loaded by forcing the user to make a CONSCIOUS, and UNDENIABLE decision to disable a feature meant to provide a stable OS. You can either do it every time you boot, or figure out why the solution that automates it for you isn't working right.
 
Last edited:
I can't wait till it finally becomes public knowledge when the true owners of Phoenix Labs gets announced... that's gonna be a day of reckoning the likes of which have never been seen before.

Drivers = the most problematic source of BSODs, random crashes, and general system instability and overall reliability - aka integrity in some ways. If you knew anything about Windows or computer operating systems you'd know this is a simple fact of life.

Besides, anyone installing software that overrides the TCP/IP stack in Windows (or any other OS) instead of just using a damned custom hosts file... wow, that's just sick. You put your trust in some piece of software that overrides a key piece of functionality in the OS - the network stack - but not the actual OS it runs on... how back asswards is that, truly?

And with this post, I'll let you starve now as I've used up my allotment of Troll-Bites... maybe you'll choke on the last one I tossed your way, who knows...
 
I can't wait till it finally becomes public knowledge when the true owners of Phoenix Labs gets announced... that's gonna be a day of reckoning the likes of which have never been seen before.

Drivers = the most problematic source of BSODs, random crashes, and general system instability and overall reliability - aka integrity in some ways. If you knew anything about Windows or computer operating systems you'd know this is a simple fact of life.

Besides, anyone installing software that overrides the TCP/IP stack in Windows (or any other OS) instead of just using a damned custom hosts file... wow, that's just sick. You put your trust in some piece of software that overrides a key piece of functionality in the OS - the network stack - but not the actual OS it runs on... how back asswards is that, truly?

And with this post, I'll let you starve now as I've used up my allotment of Troll-Bites... maybe you'll choke on the last one I tossed your way, who knows...

No, you'll never win. You act as if I know nothing. lol! You are funny. Yes, drivers can cause BSODs, but not something as simple as Peerguardian. Drivers have to progress. Integrity checking may help them progress faster, but at the expense at actually being to use a damn program, which is what an OS is designed to do. Doesn't an OS make it easier to run and configure programs? Not with Vista, let me tell you. So much potential in Vista, but this ruins it.

It's not as sick to hack and rely on an "untrusted" source than it is Microsoft. Those Russians know what they're doing. Thank the heavens for Russia, China, and Japan.

Hopefully there will one day be a crack that disables all the BS Microsoft won't let you disable.
 
Yeah, go tell that to Creative Labs.

Anyway, you keep bitching about something that is not a problem, at all. Disable integrity checking during boot time and all your unsigned driver problems will go away.. or rather show their ugly side. I'm sorry you couldn't get ReadyDriverPlus working, try searching Google for a solution. But that doesn't undermine the fact the MS has already provided you with the means to get the drivers you want loaded by forcing the user to make a CONSCIOUS, and UNDENIABLE decision to disable a feature meant to provide a stable OS. You can either do it every time you boot, or figure out why the solution that automates it for you isn't working right.

This is still a step too far. Ever heard of McDonaldization? Microsoft follows the ideas of McDonaldization from head to toe. Make the consumer do all the work to maintain control.

http://www.mcdonaldization.com/whatisit.shtml

Makes sense to me.

Yeah, I want to press f8 every time my computer boots cause I restart and turn off my machine at least 10 times a day...

Sounds fun, considering if I walk away from the boot screen I no longer get to press f8. ;)
 
Very entertaining thread, I still can't understand 2 things...

1. Since you insist on needing PeerGuardian why not just pirate a copy of XP if you don't have 1 and throw it on a Virtual Machine (as has been mentioned MANY TIMES)

2. Why are you pretending you aren't using PG to.....well I think everyone knows why you are using it.
 
earnolmartin:

You joined this forum four months ago. You made a thread asking if you should go with XP x64 vs Vista x64. You quoted anti vista FUD in that thread, you bitched and moaned about it, and then with the advice of countless people (a 2 page thread) decided to give Vista shot.

You're going about it all wrong, Microsoft has gotten backlash from the community about security and reliability. The people that purchase their products, spend millions upon millions of dollars on their products. The people that rely on them day to day to get shit done. So they took this hostility, and flipped it. They implemented various measures to ensure a smooth running Operating System.

If you can build a better operating system than Microsoft, I'll go in with Joe Average and ante up 10k for a license.

If you don't like the direction MS is going with their new operating systems, youre a minority and really no one gives a fuck about you. There's Linux for you Mr Complete control. Might I suggest Linux From Scratch?

Honestly youre useless trolling back and forth expecting sympathy from the masses is just that, useless trolling.

Ack fuck it, In Before the Lock.
 
IDK, my XP says I have DX10 installed:

dx10_xp.jpg


Haven't had much time to test it though.

You need to post a LOT less and do some fucking reading up:
http://www.beyond3d.com/content/articles/55/
 
must have not gotten favourable results with his/her "testing" with Lost Planet and DX10 under XP ..hmm

..and just what the heck are these "integrity check" thingys that are so evil? ..and the DRM stuff?

I run beta drivers all the time ..are all beta drivers still signed/certified? ..I rip my DVD's to my computer and then convert them to mp4 format to stream to my X360 ... ? ..and isn't Peergaurdian a p2p app for helping others download all those linux .ISO's? I thought the OP hated linux because microsoft is becoming like linux because they (Microsoft) are forcing us to eat at McDonalds ..or something of the sort ..?

What open source projects in particular is the OP trying to install/use that he/she is having such a hard time with ? ..

..me thinks that the OP has his/her own OS so "hacked" up , that a simple reformat and reinstall would fix his problems with getting those open source programs to work.

Be sure to back up all your linux ISO's before you reformat tho ..
 
This is still a step too far. Ever heard of McDonaldization? Microsoft follows the ideas of McDonaldization from head to toe. Make the consumer do all the work to maintain control.

http://www.mcdonaldization.com/whatisit.shtml

Makes sense to me.

Yeah, I want to press f8 every time my computer boots cause I restart and turn off my machine at least 10 times a day...

Sounds fun, considering if I walk away from the boot screen I no longer get to press f8. ;)

As I said before, figure out why the process to automate that isn't working for you. How's your DX10 on XP test coming along? I installed your package (which I came across before I even asked you what it was) on a test machine and in the instructions was this little gem:

1. In the folder BIN find two files, CryRenderD3D9.dll and CryRenderD3D10.dll
2. Need to change their names between each other to switch the rendering modus from using DX9 (…D3D9.dll) to DX10 (…D3D10.dll).
That's how they said you supposed to get Crysis running in "DX10" mode on XP. In case you can't figure it out, all you've done is replace the DX10 renderer with the DX9 renderer and told Crysis to use what it thinks is DX10. If this package truly enabled DX10 on XP, why the hell does it have you fool Crysis into switching back to the DX9 renderer?
 
This thread is amusing to say the least.

"I'll never give Microsoft any money"...ok, so you're stuck running XP64 since pirated copies of that are rampant.

You think DX10 in XP actually does something! ROFL even more.

And you think Zone alarm is good ...LOL
 
Have you asked Peergaurdian about signing their driver? I'm sorry, if this is such a great utility and they can't or won't pony up on the signing something ain't right.

If this is a good tool and popular tool they could easily get the signing paid for with donations.
 
Found this little tidbit on Microsoft's site:

During the early stages of development, developers can disable enforcement in Windows so that driver signing is unnecessary. The following options are available for developers to temporarily disable kernel-mode code-signing enforcement so that Windows Vista will load an unsigned driver.
• Attaching a kernel debugger. Attaching an active kernel debugger to the target computer disables the enforcement of kernel-mode signatures in Windows Vista and allows the driver to load.
• Using the F8 option. An F8 Advanced Boot Option introduced with Windows Vista—“Disable Driver Signature Enforcement”—is available to disable the kernel-signing enforcement only for the current boot session. This setting does not persist across boot sessions.

And oh oh... what do you know??? MS even has a free debugging software. Who would have thought they'd be so controlling.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx
 
Plus, ZoneAlarm doesn't lock me out of my own damn operating system.
It's closed-source software too. What's the difference between that and Windows then?
Damn ZoneAlarm for not letting me manually tweak its scanning engine!!!!!

Peerguardian drivers are gonna crash my computer? Hell no they won't.
:rolleyes:
News Flash: He wasn't talking about PeerGuardian in specific. I think everyone here but you got that one. If you'd just keep quiet for a moment he is freaking telling you WHY Microsoft designed it that way for ALL drivers.

I can't wait till it finally becomes public knowledge when the true owners of Phoenix Labs gets announced... that's gonna be a day of reckoning the likes of which have never been seen before.
What's your thinking there???
I've seriously got no idea where you're going with that one, something going around that I haven't heard of?
 
That's how they said you supposed to get Crysis running in "DX10" mode on XP. In case you can't figure it out, all you've done is replace the DX10 renderer with the DX9 renderer and told Crysis to use what it thinks is DX10. If this package truly enabled DX10 on XP, why the hell does it have you fool Crysis into switching back to the DX9 renderer?

Haven't tested it yet. However, I did find an updated version that's not a RC from the same Russian developer. I'll give it a shot. Hell, if I'm right or wrong, you'll hear about it when I get a chance to try it.
 
must have not gotten favourable results with his/her "testing" with Lost Planet and DX10 under XP ..hmm

..and just what the heck are these "integrity check" thingys that are so evil? ..and the DRM stuff?

I run beta drivers all the time ..are all beta drivers still signed/certified? ..I rip my DVD's to my computer and then convert them to mp4 format to stream to my X360 ... ? ..and isn't Peergaurdian a p2p app for helping others download all those linux .ISO's? I thought the OP hated linux because microsoft is becoming like linux because they (Microsoft) are forcing us to eat at McDonalds ..or something of the sort ..?

What open source projects in particular is the OP trying to install/use that he/she is having such a hard time with ? ..

..me thinks that the OP has his/her own OS so "hacked" up , that a simple reformat and reinstall would fix his problems with getting those open source programs to work.

Be sure to back up all your linux ISO's before you reformat tho ..

Its to hide your identity while torrenting

ryan_975 said:
Found this little tidbit on Microsoft's site:


And oh oh... what do you know??? MS even has a free debugging software. Who would have thought they'd be so controlling.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtoo...g/default.mspx

He wants someone else to do it for him.
 
Its to hide your identity while torrenting

This ^^^^ Which could explain why they don't want to pony up the money to get their driver signed. ;)

Sad thing is according to the University of California only .5% of the IP's it blocks are owned by media companies. Meaning it doesn't do jack shit in the grand scheme of things for those who want to do things we can't discuss here. Here's the link to the source of this as well. Happy reading!

http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~anirban/Anir-networking07.pdf
 
You guys had your fun.
Next time try to keep it more civil and remember, inside voices please.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top