• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Disable AAM and having some weird problem

mau108

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Messages
69
Hi Guys,

So I change the AAM mode on my WD hard drive to 254 (normal or loudest what ever you want to call it), my access times improved significantly but now Vista is buggered up.

In device manager it says my hard drive is in multi word dma 2 mode and in HD tune it says im in UDMA 7 mode.

Which is it? And how can I fix it, if I switch AAM back to quiet mode I get udma 5 mode (when it should be in udma 6 mode).
dmamodescreeny1.jpg
 
btw, my access time improved on that drive, but everything else stayed somewhat the same.

I'm concerned the drive is running in Multi word dma mode 2, which would suck.
 
If your benchmarks stayed the same, why would you care what method it uses? If it used IPoAC but got good performance, who cares?
 
Back
Top