Dis-Like button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TroyTalksNoMore

Supreme [H]ardness
I searched xenforo dis-like & did not find anything - is there such an add-on for xenforo?

Can you guys code one (for Soapbox)? It would end a lot of bickering & add substantial feedback to posts where we all want to say "this post is stupid" but we do not say it because we will get banned...

It was discussed once, doubt it will happen. You can successfully "disklike" a post by not reacting to it in any way.

It's too easy for members to use it against anyone they do not like, not necessarily related to any post and is too easy to misuse. Like Oldie said, it's one of the bells and whistles you probably won't see here.

I clicked Like and then Unlike on the OP's post to show my distaste for this idea :D

It was discussed once, doubt it will happen. You can successfully "disklike" a post by not reacting to it in any way.

Well, that is what I do now - not react to it in anyway - but sometimes I really want to just say - that a comment was really distasteful or non-productive to the conversation or just a bad idea overall, etc.

Hmmmm.... upon reflection, those responses would have almost enough meat to add as a reply, but some stuff gets posted that I just DO NOT LIKE (ie: the pic of that fat woman who is rumored to have banged one of our members, any pic of Shillery, etc).

It's too easy for members to use it against anyone they do not like, not necessarily related to any post and is too easy to misuse. Like Oldie said, it's one of the bells and whistles you probably won't see here.

That never entered my mind, but I'm sure it COULD happen in GM... thx for the reply.

You talking shit about the Hutt?!??!??!

On-topic: It would just get abused. Not worth the hassle.

I have a dislike button.....you will be the first to know when I press it..:)

So you think users might abuse it & admins can abuse users even w/ out it (JK), so how about testing w/ FUNNY & NOT-FUNNY buttons?

PS: even if we had a DIS-LIKE button, XF does not suppress DIS-LIKED posts to make it invisible like reddit...

I searched xenforo dis-like & did not find anything - is there such an add-on for xenforo?

Can you guys code one (for Soapbox)? It would end a lot of bickering & add substantial feedback to posts where we all want to say "this post is stupid" but we do not say it because we will get banned...
That is what the red X is for at the top corner of your screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back