DiRT 3 Complete Edition FREE For A Limited Time

On the order page it says this:
Enjoy your free order of DiRT 3 Complete Edition!

Note: You must redeem your free DiRT 3 Complete Edition key by 10AM Pacific on Saturday, November 19, 2016! Immediately after 10AM Pacific on November 19, the code will magically vanish as if it were just a figment of your imagination, leaving this cryptic message behind in its wake.
I already added it to my Steam account, but does that mean the key will expire if not used by that date? And since you have to link your Steam account to Humble Bundle, I'm not sure you can use the spare key on another account.

On the order page it says this:

I already added it to my Steam account, but does that mean the key will expire if not used by that date? And since you have to link your Steam account to Humble Bundle, I'm not sure you can use the spare key on another account.

as long as it's added to your account and shows up in your game library you own it. you do not need to install it by that deadline. now if you're trying to hold onto the key, yes it needs to be added to an account by that deadline, you have the option to gift the key to some one so it's not tied to an account through humble bundle which is probably what some people are doing if they already own the game. but the key still needs to be added to an account by that deadline.

as long as it's added to your account and shows up in your game library you own it. you do not need to install it by that deadline. now if you're trying to hold onto the key, yes it needs to be added to an account by that deadline, you have the option to gift the key to some one so it's not tied to an account through humble bundle which is probably what some people are doing if they already own the game. but the key still needs to be added to an account by that deadline.
It also says this on the order page:

Steam Instructions
Steam will not provide extra giftable copies of games you already own.
All purchases are for your personal use only.

I'm not worried about the copy I added. I was just pointing out potential problems with people who are grabbing an extra key since it may expire or not apply to another account. In that case, it's better to just tell the person the extra key was intended for about the deal and to order it before the offer expires.

Of course this would happen shortly after I finally pick up the game. Oh well, I've already mostly finished by now.

It's not a bad game but Dirt 2 was better IMO and the newer Rally one is supposed to be good too. My biggest complaint with it is that they tried to make it more simmy with the physics but failed because at its core it's still an arcade racer, they also removed my favorite vehicle. I don't know what they were thinking with the stupid Gym Kana(sp?) stuff, thank goodness you can ignore those events and still progress.

Downloading. Hoping for some split screen stream to the tv. Grid autosport was very blocky but most games aren't. I wonder why

I'm just wondering what they gain from linking the steam account to the humble account. Does it lock codes purchased there to your steam account, so you can't redistribute them, or what?

Thanks! Got it but at the end I got this message

DiRT 3 Complete Edition

Keys are temporarily exhausted for this product

Oops.

I'm assuming they will email me when more keys are available, or are they saying I was too late/no more will be released?

I'm just wondering what they gain from linking the steam account to the humble account. Does it lock codes purchased there to your steam account, so you can't redistribute them, or what?

Duh. They don't want people reselling the keys.

Last edited:
Thanks! Got it but at the end I got this message

DiRT 3 Complete Edition

Keys are temporarily exhausted for this product

Oops.

I'm assuming they will email me when more keys are available, or are they saying I was too late/no more will be released?

You're a day late, slickdeals vultures cleaned them out.

I wouldn't count on any more keys becoming available.

Have Dirt2 and Dirt Rally so,thanks, but no thanks. Dirt Rally is the only rally game you really need, it is the best there is. Yes, I have have Richard Burns Rally too but Dirt Rally is better.

I grabbed this and linked it to my Steam account....but is it any good?

I was paying The Crew a lot. What is it like compared to that.

I grabbed this and linked it to my Steam account....but is it any good?

I was paying The Crew a lot. What is it like compared to that.

I don't have it but from what I read it is worse than Dirt2 and far worse than Dirt Rally but still is a decent game. If you want more of a simulation of rally racing though then you have to get Dirt Rally. If you are into more of the arcade experience then you will like it. I have The Crew but that is street racing and not rally racing so they are not really comparable.

Back