DirectX9c wont install over 9b..."Components are installed and ready to use" NOT

Sodalas

2[H]4U
I installed Windows XP w/ SP2 integrated (however unlike the one you download off MS's site it comes with DX9b not c installed....) big problem however is that when I try to install DX9c It doesn't even install, it just says "Components are installed and ready to use" but it hasn't installed anything....I tried uninstalling DX to see if it would work now..nope so I had to install dx9b again...Is there any registry key/file I can delete that will let DX9c install?

Bottom line after all of this: How do I FORCE a DX9c install or FORCE a re-install of SP2 (I tried the registry tweak making it think I have dx8, that had no effect)

Already tried that, beleive me I wouldn't post here if I didn't already try everything at my disposal.

From what I remember you need DX9c, the DX9C fix and the registry fix.

Maybe the reason it won't go in is how you have set up the drivers to be installed (warn, allow, do not install, silent).

wallijonn said:
From what I remember you need DX9c, the DX9C fix and the registry fix.

Maybe the reason it won't go in is how you have set up the drivers to be installed (warn, allow, do not install, silent).

Where do I get this registry fix? or dx9c fix? lol

i had the same issue

i rebooted the machine and then it installed fine. It was weird.

Back