Directx 9.0c Crashing

xxsunsooxx

Weaksauce
I recently installed 9.0c to play star wars battle front. At first the game played fine then i rebooted, and now every time i load any game or program that uses 3d it seems to be crashing. My screen goes a stand by mode and just goes black but my sound still works.. I uninstalled my 9800 pro w/cat uninstaller and tried 4.8 and 4.9 both versions the one w/the new conrtol panel and the old one but yet it still loads and then goes offline mode.. all my stuff worked fine on 9.0b and my computer is stable that i know.. and i dont' have sp2 as well.. no antivirus programs.. and i can't use system restore back to a previous point for some resaon... please help me

Don't know what to tell ya, might wanna try to do a windows repair with your windows disc, not format, you do a repair and it reinstalls windows but leaves all your installed programs and files on hard drive alone. then just install 9.0b and stay away from 9.0c :) .

Hope this helps
SaViOr

xxsunsooxx said:
I recently installed 9.0c to play star wars battle front. At first the game played fine then i rebooted, and now every time i load any game or program that uses 3d it seems to be crashing. My screen goes a stand by mode and just goes black but my sound still works.. I uninstalled my 9800 pro w/cat uninstaller and tried 4.8 and 4.9 both versions the one w/the new conrtol panel and the old one but yet it still loads and then goes offline mode.. all my stuff worked fine on 9.0b and my computer is stable that i know.. and i dont' have sp2 as well.. no antivirus programs.. and i can't use system restore back to a previous point for some resaon... please help me
I would recommend a clean OS format with SP2 install. This is a pretty critical issue you're describing.

If you pm me Ill give you a prog that will get rid of all of dx9 and youll need your original winxp cd to load up your original dx8. This way you dont have to reinstall winxp. Works on sp1 also. my own experience is dont run sp2 if you can help it, more trouble then its worth for me that is. I have enterprise progs that just dont work with it. After youve done that just load up 9.0c and its a nice clean install. Download the dx9.0c from ms, the redistribution one, that way you will have a copy on your hard drive. Ill need your email address. By the way I have had the same problems as your descibing every now and then on different machines, and this is how I corrected them, much easier then a reinstall.

For the thread above, That hotfix was before ms made 9.0c downloadable from their site. People were taking 9.0c out of the beta sp2.

I have a similar problem that may be related. I just bought a DFI Lanparty NF3 motherboard as an upgrade from my Chaintech VNF3-250. I did a fresh windows install with XP Pro SP1, then loaded DX9c, then chipset drivers and then my ATI catalysts (I am also using a 9800 PRO). All the components are right off my VNF3-250 that has run perfect and now I crash in any graphic application like games or 3dMark. I get a black screen with sound, frozen screen or a complete reboot and a error message on restart saying that the stability was caused with my 9800 Pro Drivers. Tried several ATI drivers, chipset drivers, bios setting, etc. Still getting same problem. However I can run Prime95 and other stress tests error free.

Back