Directron 72 Hour Sale

Directron

Limp Gawd
72mad-section.jpg

Hey, I know our Hot Deals are about to expire. We just started up a 72 Hour Madness Sale-

http://www.directron.com/72hoursale1.html?hardocp=1

We've got some pretty consistently good deals there--

Examples:

Intel X25-M 80GB - $187.88
8GB SD Class 10 - $8.99
Intel Core i5 655k [unlocked] - $179.39 with free shipping
Viewsonic 19" LCDs - $94.99

There's a bunch of stuff in there.

It's probably worth checking out

Most stuff is limit 1 . . No BO / No rain checks on this stuff.

Last edited:
Sparkle
1) The drive you linked is a different SKU. It's OEM without the adapter kit. The Retail tends to go for about $200 even. It's $199 From Amazon.

2) Interesting on the CPU. I could have sworn it was higher than that earlier. Heck with that -- Coupon: hard1119a -- $9.39 off . i5 655k til the end of the sale.

3) I'm not going to argue about support. I will say however that Newegg long ago did away with most of their standard warranty. They back the item with a 60 day warranty. Where we back it with a 1 year warranty. After 60 days you'd need to take it up with A-Data where with us it's direct to us for 1 year on well almost every item we carry regardless of the manufacturer warranty.

I would also like to point out that Directron only charges Tax in Texas where Newegg charges it in several states including California.

As far as the price.

hard1119b - $2 more off the A-DATA ASDH8GCL10-R -- don't know if it will last though because it's selling like crazy.

4) The monitor was just an example I picked. The Asus VH222H-P 21.5" LCD is a better deal probably and in the same sale. It's $128.99 After a $10 rebate and $18 instant savings from the sale. Compare to Newegg's "Special Savings" of $159.99 + Shipping and only a 60 Day Warranty.

Last edited:
Wish I had some cash on hand, that coupon code makes that 80 GB intel look attractive.

Will definitely look at Directron more closely than I have before, and I will not buy from ewiz, I have not heard good things about them.

good prices, fast affordable shipping, good customer service.

plus no tax for me

I <3 Directron

EDIT: I hope you guys have sales at the end of the month, im looking to build a ultra low voltage desktop at that time, (25w AMD CPU, Asus board, SSD, etc, etc) oh and a VH242H would be sweet

Last edited:
Not very good deals are they?

...backed by Newegg's unrivaled customer support.

Hahhaahaha....heeeee heeeee hoooo hoooo. Newegg support is one of, if not, the worst out of the big vendors now. At least they finally started shipping their HDD's properly. Only took them 6 years to figure that out. Now if Amazon can figure out how to ship a HDD they'll probably step up a notch or two.

yeah newegg has gotten as, if not, worse then some other big name stores

I don't think I've ever had an issue with harddrives shipped to me. I've ordered both amazon and newegg and I'm pretty sure they both shipped it with those plastic shells on the top and bottom. Now I'm curious., how should it have been shipped? I don't think I've ever had an issue with an ordered hard drive...

I've ordered a few things from Directron and haven't had a problem. Nice to know about the 1-year warranty situation. Some of those prices are pretty nice, might pick something up.

Regarding drives shipped from Newegg, I've ordered a lot of drives from them and the packing usually sucks. I think you've just been lucky. They've gotten better recently but for a while it was really bad. One layer of bubble wrap and thrown on the bottom of a box with peanuts on top. And yes, their customer service isn't close to what it used to be. There was a time when I thought Tiger Direct's customer service was terrible but I've had to call them a couple of times the last few months and they took good care of me. Newegg, not so much.

Hahhaahaha....heeeee heeeee hoooo hoooo. Newegg support is one of, if not, the worst out of the big vendors now. At least they finally started shipping their HDD's properly. Only took them 6 years to figure that out. Now if Amazon can figure out how to ship a HDD they'll probably step up a notch or two.

All the HDDs I've ordered from Amazon came in proper packaging...

All the HDDs I've ordered from Amazon came in proper packaging...

I had some pics on my compt that died, but the last HDD I ordered from Amazon came in a 9x12 box with nothing in it but the HDD wrapped in 1 layer of bubblewrap. If you browse their HDD reviews it pretty much seems to be an epidemic with a very large majority of reviews echoing the same exact problem I had.

new egg used to do something very similar and I had countless bad drives from them due to their shoddy shipping.

Directron does a very good job with packing, customer service, and competitive pricing. Sometimes they're a little more, sometimes less. However, they have awesome customer service which I am always willing to pay extra for.

Not very good deals are they?
Sparkle -

Don't come in these threads and bash our supporting vendors. We'd rather have the directron rep on this board than you with that kind of attitude. Look back through Directrons threads and realize that he has done his best to offer us specific coupons at our request. Don't be an ass.

I bought a couple things from the Directron rep's thread last week and couldn't be happier with the order. Both things I purchased weren't the necessarily the absolute barebasement cheapest price, but I've had a really good experience with the reps on this board. Sometimes a PM will go a long way and you don't necessarily have to go through the normal customer service channels/you have a leg up on getting a potential problem resolved should you encounter one. The Galaxy rep was awesome at this!

Last edited:
Thumbs up for Directron. They're always competitive and have good service...plus they have a nice store in SW Houston for those that live in that city.

I'm very happy that Directron rep is here! I'm looking in to new HSF and case fans for my rig and am going to give them a try. I value good customer service and support it with my $$$. Unless people have something useful to say, they should STFU.

I've used directon a couple of times and have zero complaints. they are a smaller vendor and often their prices are not magically lower but other than that I have nothing negative to say about them.

DriZzLe - For the Azio USB 3.0 dock on the Black Friday Pre-Sale-

http://www.directron.com/prebfsale.html?_s_icmp=prebfsale

There's a rebate coming Monday. I *think* it's $10, might be more I'm not sure [not in the office at moment]. if you're into that kind of thing it's worth a look Monday. Other than that on Black Friday there's a general deal on a eSATA one with a card reader integrated and there's always the Kingwin USB 2.0 one for $15.99 -

http://www.directron.com/ezd2535.html?hardocp=1

DriZzLe - For the Azio USB 3.0 dock on the Black Friday Pre-Sale-

http://www.directron.com/prebfsale.html?_s_icmp=prebfsale

There's a rebate coming Monday. I *think* it's $10, might be more I'm not sure [not in the office at moment]. if you're into that kind of thing it's worth a look Monday. Other than that on Black Friday there's a general deal on a eSATA one with a card reader integrated and there's always the Kingwin USB 2.0 one for $15.99 -

http://www.directron.com/ezd2535.html?hardocp=1

Thanks. I ended up grabbing the dual slot Thermaltake BlacX Duet.
Still not a bad price, though. Shipping sucks.

Lol I love Directron's response to Sparkles threadcrap... OWNT!

Thanks directron for participating in the forums...

Companies like this (Galaxy also) will get my business in the future

Last edited:
Back