Direct3d

iceman1110

Limp Gawd
I recently installed a Radeon 9800SE card. It worked fine for a couple of days and everything was going good. All the sudden yesterday and today it is giving me nothing but trouble. Any game requiring D3D the movements are very very slow, frame by frame(half-life2, need for speed most wanted) However games that allow opengl still work perfectly. This told me to reinstall the video drivers first. I did that and no change. I uninstalled directx 9.0c and reinstalled that. I have tried every different driver type I could find. No change again. I am very irritated at this as it was working fine for a couple of days. Any help is much appreciated.

Also I reinstalled my old card, 9000pro and it runs direct3d apps just fine. Put the 9800se back in and its doing it again. I emailed powercolor but they have not yet responded.

Did you unsintall and reinstall the drivers for the card as the video card sticky outlines? If you dont do it right it can get all messed up.

~Adam

Sure did. I just don't understand why it did it in the first place I didn't change anything between when it was working excellent and when it messed up.

Problem is fixed. Powercolor responded telling me to uninstall and reinstall my chipset drivers. I did it and all is back to normal. I hope this helps someone else.

Back