Direct2Drive $20 for $10

I've never heard of this website, has anyone used it? but the offer does look tempting.. since I want shogun 2 soo bad

It says on the site page it DOES NOT stack with other promo codes (see #6)

That does seem to be the case. It comes out to roughly the same discount on new games. Too bad, I'm eying Shogun II also...

Y.

I have used Direct2Drive once before. I don't remember what I bought but it activated on steam. They sent me the license key very quickly. No problems here at all.

Just used them to pre-order homefront and get the free Metro 2033 deal (same deal steam had), and had the key for Metro 2033 within 30 seconds. Activated it on steam and it is downloaded and in my list. Homefront of course, won't allow keys to be sent until release. Also bought Civ V from then since it came with a free DLC. When I can get items on this site cheaper than steam or with more freebies I do it because you can activate all the codes on steam. They ask you to download the software for D2D, but that's a waste if you already use steam.

I bought the CE version of Rift from them when they were doing their 20% sale recently. They've been around for awhile and I havent heard any complaints really.

How does 20% = 50%?

And I think whoever asked was asking about the reputation of Weshop, not D2D. My coupon already came through and it works. Lots of good opinions of Weshop at slickdeals.

On most games this deal is no better than the 20% off everything Direct2Drive is running right now. I got Homefront for $39.99 with the 20% off, I would of paid the same $39.99 using this $20 for $10 deal.

On most games this deal is no better than the 20% off everything Direct2Drive is running right now. I got Homefront for $39.99 with the 20% off, I would of paid the same $39.99 using this $20 for $10 deal.

No, you would've saved $2!

haha seriously though, funny how that works out, the math there was kicking my ass for a minute. It seems a $20 purchase would be the only way to actually get 50% off, other wise you only save a few dollars over the 20%off, and actually lose money on a $60 game. I guess it would be worth it for me to save $10 instead of $6 on retribution.

Also, code worked twice so I'll probably save one for a sale they have in the future after the spring break code is expired.

I've never heard of this website, has anyone used it? but the offer does look tempting.. since I want shogun 2 soo bad

I think many people are confusing this as a question about D2D. I presume you're asking about this weshop.com site. I've never heard of them either.

Another side note, I'm not trying to start a flame war but D2D is owned by News Corp so that may influence some buyer's decision.

No, you would've saved $2!

haha seriously though, funny how that works out, the math there was kicking my ass for a minute. It seems a $20 purchase would be the only way to actually get 50% off, other wise you only save a few dollars over the 20%off, and actually lose money on a $60 game. I guess it would be worth it for me to save $10 instead of $6 on retribution.

Also, code worked twice so I'll probably save one for a sale they have in the future after the spring break code is expired.

Homefront is $50, with the 20% off sale it was $40 for me, if I'm spending $10 for the $20 off coupon, and then used it on Homefront, I would have saved the same amount as the 20% off, which is $10.

Don't know where you are getting the saving an extra $2 from?

Homefront is $50, with the 20% off sale it was $40 for me, if I'm spending $10 for the $20 off coupon, and then used it on Homefront, I would have saved the same amount as the 20% off, which is $10.

Don't know where you are getting the saving an extra $2 from?

oops sorry thought it was $40 to begin with

Any ideas of a $20 game where this could be used to great effect?

I will use to get retribution for $20...

also highly considering combining some of the following:

mafia II - $7.50
magicka - $10.00
medieval total war 2 + kingdoms - $5
majesty 2 - $4
elven legacy - $5
not sure what else

if anyone has any input on those games please share :D

I will use to get retribution for $20...

also highly considering combining some of the following:

mafia II - $7.50
magicka - $10.00
medieval total war 2 + kingdoms - $5
majesty 2 - $4
elven legacy - $5
not sure what else

if anyone has any input on those games please share :D

I think I might get Retribution also. Was not aware that it's only $30, I thought it was $40.

Of those others that I've played, Mafia 2 I can only recommend if you've got a beefy NVidia system to take advantage of the physx. Otherwise it's still worth the money if you need something to do but it won't blow you away. Majesty 2 is alright but I'd recommend reading some detailed reviews because the gameplay is unconventional and may not be your thing. By the end of the game you'll see that it's all extremely shallow but it's fun while you're learning to play. If you want a MUCH better RPG/RTS hybrid I'd suggest Spellforce 2, which is a bit dated but an awesome game. Total War is excellent but it takes so long to play through a full campaign if you don't autoresolve battles that you should research to see which Total War you want. The price differences are trivial compared to the time you'll spend on it.

I went with the Homefront pre-order. It came with Metro 2033 for free. The code they gave me for metro 2033 activated on Steam with no problems, hopefully the one for homefront will work there too.

edit: whoops after reading the thread and the math I realized that I just wasted the coupon... oh well.

Simply put if your total is less than $50 this coupon is better than the 20% off. If your total is greater than $50 you save more with the 20% coupon. At $50 exactly they are same.

Simply put if your total is less than $50 this coupon is better than the 20% off. If your total is greater than $50 you save more with the 20% coupon. At $50 exactly they are same.

Wrong! The bastards at D2D charge sales tax so the breakeven point will be different depending on what state the purchaser resides in.

Wrong! The bastards at D2D charge sales tax so the breakeven point will be different depending on what state the purchaser resides in.

I am not sure I follow if the discount is the same then the same amount of sales tax would be applied correct? And the more of a discount you receive the less sales take you would be charged.

Last edited:
I am not sure I follow if the discount is the same then the same amount of sales tax would be applied correct? And the more of a discount you receive the less sales take you would be charged.

$50 purchase:

-directly from D2D, you pay $40 + tax
-with this discount code, you pay untaxed $10 to the coupon place and $30+tax to D2D.

So you save a buck or so by going with the coupon, depending on your state sales tax rate.

Back