DIR-655 wifi internet not working after power outage

z3r0-

[H]ard|Gawd
setup:
FIOS>DIR655>DIR625 with DHCP disabled being used as a switch but also has wifi enabled

Today my power flickered twice. Computers turned off etc. Internet was dead for about 5 minutes then came back. My wired connection has been fine but the wifi started dropping every few minutes and now the wifi internet connection doesn't work period. It connects to the network with local access only. Happens on all my laptops with various wifi cards. Tried disabling my WPA encryption, rebooting the device, changing transmission rates and channels and everything else found in setup with no luck. If I connect to the network broadcast by the DIR625 my internet functions flawlessly over wifi. Anyone ever seen a problem like this before?

confusing...

so the wireless coming from the 625 still works fine, but the wireless from the 655 no longer works. Correct?

very strange...
verified ipconfig?
although if you still have local network access, it should be good... but just because it says local network only, doesn't mean there is actually any local network access.

or are you still able to access the 655 when connected wirelessly to the 655?

ipconfig confirms I have an IP on the network
when connected to the 655s wifi I can access the 655 setup page
the 655 setup page shows my laptops as being connected to its wireless network and they have IP addresses
I can transfer files via the network

Everything looks fine I just have no internet.

definitely doesn't make any sense....

I would try resetting the router back to factory defaults, and reconfiguring it

So last night my wired connection through the dir625 started flaking but wifi off it was fine. I pulled that out of the network, replaced it with an old linksys 5 port switch, and the wifi on my 655 started working again. Really odd. All is well though.

Back