DIR-655 and RDP

ghostchamber

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm trying to set up my home connection to be accessible through RDP. I've got a D-Link DIR-655 with four computers on the LAN. I've got a Windows 7 box that I want to forward the RDP to once it hits the router, but I'm having trouble getting it to work.

I have set up port forwarding on the router to send request for port 3389 to the internal LAN address of my Windows 7 box. But if I try and RDP to my public IP, it doesn't work. Under "inbound filter" I have "all" selected, and under "schedule" I have "always" selected.

I looked at the logs on the router and I can see the packets being blocked: Blocked incoming UDP packet from XX.XX.XX.66:4175 (my work IP) to xx.xx.xx.92:3389 (my home public IP). I have tried several times and every time it is blocked (so I haven't even checked the Windows settings because it just isn't getting past this point).

I have disabled SPI under Firewall settings, and have switched around UDP and TCP endpoint filtering. Right now they're both on "address restriction," but I also had them both on "endpoint independent," and "port and address restricted."

My computer has a static IP and there are no internal network problems. I can RDP to my other box (XP Pro x64) internally.

I'm currently using Logmein to try and set this up (I'm at work). I don't mind logmein but I'd rather just be able to RDP if I can.

Can you RDP into the Win7 box internally?

What make/model "modem" is on the outside of your DLink router?

Can you RDP into the Win7 box internally?

What make/model "modem" is on the outside of your DLink router?
I will have to check it when I get home. I'm not sure how that would make a difference since the connection is getting to the router.

I haven't checked RDP into the Win7 box internally.

I am using this router and have no problems with it. Is your ISP blocking the port? If so you can change it in the registry and try another. I never use the default port.

Do you think that quite possibly your work has the port for RDP blocked so that people can not use it as a way to circumvent their web filtering or other policies? Try accessing it from somewhere other than your work. Also double check to see if your modem has any sort of NAT going on that could possibly be preventing the connection.

I dont use Port fowarding I use Virtual server on mine . Go to Advanced > Virtual Server
3642118635_7d02cf166c.jpg

may want to give that a try

Do you think that quite possibly your work has the port for RDP blocked so that people can not use it as a way to circumvent their web filtering or other policies? Try accessing it from somewhere other than your work. Also double check to see if your modem has any sort of NAT going on that could possibly be preventing the connection.
I'll check on the NAT, but RDP is definitely not blocked at work. I do remote support so I use it quite often.

Back