• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dilemma

Xahok

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 6, 2005
Messages
167
Ok, so my birthday is tomorrow and I'm thinking of getting a new screen, because I am currently running on a E773c (17 inch CRT) and I want a 19 inch.
Here is the money break down
150 from my party on friday
100 from mom
100 from dad
____________
350

So I want a monitor for like 300 or so so that I have money left over but if I don't It's no big deal.

A few options I see that I have
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01011&id=1134698030120
Which I can pick up at the local best buy (I saw it on display)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01011&id=1125238548570
(see above comment)

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...=us&l=en&cs=19&category_id=2999&page=external
Which looks very attractive


Comments please.
 
Personally I wouldn't get the widescreen because of its odd resolution.

Dell has a reportedly good return policy.

Haven't tried any of these.

Have you checked out http://www.tigerdirect.com. They have an awesome return policy, even for only 1 bad pixel. Virtually unconditional return policy. I just returned one from them w/ a stuck pixel, and it was hassle free. They even paid the shipping back to them. After the hell I just went through with newegg, they really converted me. All my future LCD purchases will be through tigerdirect.
 
Artluo100 said:
It doesn't have DVI, just wanted to let you know (no offense). But IMO I'd take advantage of the 7800gt's DVI output.

Yeah I was a tad weary on getting an LCD that lacked DVI, just like numerous other people who bought the screen, but I can honestly say text is very crisp and picture is great :)
 
Artluo100 said:
It doesn't have DVI, just wanted to let you know (no offense). But IMO I'd take advantage of the 7800gt's DVI output.

The Viewsonic 1912wb does have DVI, and you can find it for $300-$350 easily. Have had mine for a week now and love it.
 
Back
Top