Digital2D's "Gorillaz" case mod

"Gorillaz" won best of show at this "World Series of Video Games" first stop in Kentucky

02d.jpg

02c.jpg

02b.jpg

02a.jpg

Bugger!
You should have shown off your interior to begin with! That is bloody well CLEAN! I applaud you for your wiring skills.

Hell...when my wiring job grows up...it wants to be just like yours...

-Ghent

wow it looks amazing. you can tell you spent more then just a little time building all that.

sorry for taking so long to come back..been so busy these days with home buying and work..didnt mean to leave questions hanging

specs have changed since building

they are now
Intel Core 2 Duo e6700
ABIT AW9D-MAX 975X ATX Intel Motherboard
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
nVidia EVGA 7900 GTO
2x Raptor drives...not in raid at the moment...like i said i been busy :)

also Gorillaz case mod was shown in PC Magazine in the December issue

IMG_1584.jpg

02d.jpg

02c.jpg

02b.jpg

02a.jpg

wow it looks amazing. you can tell you spent more then just a little time building all that.

5 Weeks exact..from first thought to final product....was off of work at the time due to injury but i think that anyone can do a great case mod if they just stop talking about it and commit a small chunk of time...I know Hobbes spent 5 years building his (google Stormbringer Case Mod) and it really shows,but if you just give yourself a chance and try your idea,you might be surprised what you can do in a few weeks time..I know I was!

/inspirational speech

well i guess there is a pic size cap..there are very large photos on photobucket for those who wanted...just trace back the source of the pics

If only it were possible to get a video card that had the VGA connection on the inside, so you could hide that VGA cable for the inside LCD. Other then that the only other beef is the band, I personally don't care for them, but that is my opinion. Excellent work on the case.

Nice job! Is the the monitor cable going into the case by the side panel handle? If so, can you route the monitor cable inside the case and have it come out the back side in the bottom somewhere?

Its ok i'll give it a 8/10 the paint could be better, but its more of the look the gorillaz would've gone for more of a rough look, also i love the inside very clean, the white and black looks very slick, also i love the panel without the lcd that just looks very awesome.

:D

If only it were possible to get a video card that had the VGA connection on the inside, so you could hide that VGA cable for the inside LCD. Other then that the only other beef is the band, I personally don't care for them, but that is my opinion. Excellent work on the case.

the issue was travel,it went on a mod case tour with some sponsors and i had to make it removable for shipping, and the lcd has an attached vga cord so i thought it was the easiest way to do it as im pretty lazy :D

I need to REALLY get a new mod started...Any Ideas..I would like to have a cartoon theme..I was thinking Invader Zim

holy crap, i never saw this case mod the first time around. awesome job!

invader zim would give you lots of great material to work with. venture bros. would be good too, for the same reasons. or boondocks, or futurama. i'm a big fan of avatar, but it wouldn't be on my personal list for case mods. one of the early miyazaki films might do well, castle in the sky or especially nausica. or you could base it on a comic (sin city comes to mind).

no matter what you pick, if you apply half the effort you did in this mod, it'll be worth watching.

Back