Digital2D's "Gorillaz" case mod

Digital2D

n00b
Here is a mod i been working on for a while...just doing the odds and ends now...here are a few pics and a link to my work log...enjoy

work log
http://www.gruntville.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14201&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)&start=0

There are many more pics in the work log...these are just a few
gorillazBdark.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

I'll give it a 6/10. Its all right just not that OMG amazing.

Definetely a 10/10 in my books.

I think this looks pretty damn good, I like the painting, and the way you did the main logo, as well as the LCD mod, thats pretty pimptacular.

Wow! The pics you posted in this thread really don't do it justice. This is definitely one of the cooler case mods I've seen in a while... your grafitti-inspired graphics are very well done, and there's such attention to detail, like the painting inside the case that people aren't even gonna necessarily gonna see. Plus Gorillaz kick ass. Definitely 10/10

Everyone should check out that worklog, this is a great mod!

altec said:
I'll give it a 6/10. Its all right just not that OMG amazing.
Gees don't be so harsh. Sure it's not that appealing, but that looks like a hard thing to pull off. I'd say a 8/10.

Zinn said:
Wow! The pics you posted in this thread really don't do it justice. This is definitely one of the cooler case mods I've seen in a while... your grafitti-inspired graphics are very well done, and there's such attention to detail, like the painting inside the case that people aren't even gonna necessarily gonna see. Plus Gorillaz kick ass. Definitely 10/10

Everyone should check out that worklog, this is a great mod!

I totally agree. The pictures you posted here don't do it justice. I suggest everyone click on the link and check them all out. VERY nicely done. :p I think it's extremely easy to accidently go overboard with the graffiti look, or make it look too sloppy; you didn't do that, and it came out beautifully. Oh, and the fact that I love Gorillaz too, only makes me love your case mod even more. Good job 10/10 :)

thanks for your feedbacks...ill be taking better pics and posting them here when i totally finish....(im in the works of making the transition from case to lcd a little more appealing) ..and yes there are better pics in the a work log if you got a few mintues to browse....feel free to link the better pics up here

I think it'd definitely look better with the transition between LCD and case fixed.

I really like the front door, though, because it looks spraypainted on, even though it isn't.

wow man that is really well done, the art and graffiti, the LCD is perfectly melded, kudos to you!!!

Digital2d,

Awesome job, you exhibit excellent craftsmanship.

You have inspired me to create a themed case based on the band, Black Label Society.

To Altec, post something you've done, I would like to see what you consider "OMG amazing."

I like it... You gave me ideas for when I get a new case to make a grungy looking case for my CS team.

BTW Gorillaz own =D

Hey Digital great case man, that's sexy, crazy to see you over here at the [H]

QuimZ said:
Hey Digital great case man, that's sexy, crazy to see you over here at the [H]

thanks...ive always been a [H] troller.....you guys have a great site and some great forum users!

well here is a whole gang of finished case pics (i THINK,who knows what ill add)

click image to see full size

IMG_0810.jpg

That LCD looks a million times sweeter now than it did before. Very very very nice job, and that monitor set up looks nice too.

well i had to print in reverse...then paint over the back with the that new plastic paint from krylon....kinda neat ..i can change the pics when ever i want

Sounds neat, what kind of paper did you print on and do you have a link for the krylon stuff? Im interested in putting a picture on my case and I like the way you did yours.

I am liking this one man, I can see you actually put quite a bit of effort into this one. real nice.

Digital2D said:
well i had to print in reverse...then paint over the back with the that new plastic paint from krylon....kinda neat ..i can change the pics when ever i want

what kind of paper did you print on and do you have a link for the krylon stuff?

Nice mod, though for all that you have, you would think you could prioritize a new desk into that. :rolleyes:

m not a big gorillaz fan but i haft to hand it to you, that is truly badass. Definatly a OMG case. 10/10 for craftsmanship and originality.

badboysean said:
Sounds neat, what kind of paper did you print on and do you have a link for the krylon stuff? Im interested in putting a picture on my case and I like the way you did yours.

the paper was just standerd hp projector paper...it has a rough side made for ink...and you will need it..the paint was just basic krylon plastic paint

Kaiga said:
I am liking this one man, I can see you actually put quite a bit of effort into this one. real nice.
thanks..i did

Volucris said:
Nice mod, though for all that you have, you would think you could prioritize a new desk into that. :rolleyes:
lol..i have too many computers..i buy desk like candy bars...when i move to my new house im thinking of having some friends build me a custom room...but thats another post to come

Digital2D said:

Damn you ruined that keyboard.. Heh i know it was for the sake of your 'theme' but damn, that's a shame. :( I think all of th spray paint tagging makes it look too messy.. but hey it's just a personal preference, I like the look of a clean mod is all..

Consctructive Criticism: I dont like the spraypaint work on this mod, I wonder if you sanded it? It just looks too blotchy. I know its meant to be splatters and stuff but I mean its just well... blotchy. Hard to explain what I mean.

Nonetheless great mod cool work with the graphics on the window.

well yeah..the messed up ruff look was what i am going for..i thought it wasnt ruff enough...lol..maybe i was wrong......

Definitely some great work with the Gorrilaz case. You really do have an incredible amount of detail that went into the paint job and it looks like you took your time to make it a great case. Keep up the great job, nice case man.

Back