Digital River Windows 7 SP1 Question

• Thread starter Deleted member 233889
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 233889

I have a iso burned onto a USB drive sitting with a copy of Windows 7 from Digital River. It's been a long time since I had to do a Windows install and deal with licenses. I need to throw a Windows product on a NUC. I need to make sure it's OEM and no tomfoolery.

What are my current options? It it cheaper to go with a 8.1 on the education discount?

(Linux user here.)

So you're looking for an OEM ISO? Is your license an OEM license?

All I have is an W7 iso I grabbed once upon a time from Digital River and burned it to a USB stick. I have an i3 NUC on route. I need an official Windows product to stick onto the 120gb msata drive.

It's so much simpler on Linux.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So then you don't need to "make sure its OEM."

Just install Windows, type in the key, and voila.

All I have is an W7 iso I grabbed once upon a time from Digital River and burned it to a USB stick. I have an i3 NUC on route. I need an official Windows product to stick onto the 120gb msata drive.

It's so much simpler on Linux.

Just install off the ISO using the OEM key. Problem solved.... There never was a problem actually.

So then you don't need to "make sure its OEM."

Just install Windows, type in the key, and voila.

Exactly. There is nothing to make sure of. Digital River was an official distributor. If it came from them, the OEM key will work excellent. You may have to call and activate if the key had been used before.

Back