Digital Rights Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrobass24

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2009
2FA
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
10,477
I have all these WMA files that ive downloaded LEGALLY through Ruckus, and it wont let me transfer these files to my ipod or burn them to cd. Is there anyway to remove the DRM so that I can actually use the music that Ive paid for.
 
The only DRM the iPod supports is Apple's own proprietary DRM. Removing the DRM is against the terms of use of Ruckus, and if you're in the US it's also against the law unfortunately.

You're probably out of luck for any legal methods.

edit: what exactly did you "pay for" on those free tracks?
 
What did I pay for??? My $28,000 tuition. Baylor directly endorses Ruckus.
This DRM stuff is Grade A Bullshit.
Its no different than going and buying a CD.
If I own Music legally I should be able to use it for myself as I see fit.
 
Then please contact the Baylor IT staff and those who negotiated the use there. We're not here to help you defeat any restrictions set about by your school or work on the content they provide you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top