• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Digital output on SB Audigy2 Value

DaLurker

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 23, 2000
Messages
1,681
For the Soundblaster Audigy2 Value, it has a port for Digital I/O (for stereo SPDIF output to Digital I/O Module*). Now what does sterio SPDIF output to Digital I/O Module mean? Can I hook the digital output from the sound card to my Logitech Z5500?

And Even if I could, would I want to do that?
 
No, you're not. Since the SB line doesn't have Dolby Digital ENCODING (just decoding), you will only be getting 2.1 output from everything except 5.1 sources (such as DVDs). Despite the fact that you may get rid of a small analog hiss, you're better off sticking with your analog plugs (to retain the 5.1 on most sound sources), despite the fact that your Audigy (with an adaptor) can easily plug into the digital input of your 5500's.
 
Back
Top