Digital Output and Encoding on w/Headphones?

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
4,834
I keep listening to a song over and over and I can't tell if I like it on or off what would you guys have it set at? These are all in my nforce Control panel. And What do you guys have your LFE Frequency set at?
 
correct me if i'm wrong, but the digital encoding would apply to the optical or coaxial output. i'm willing to bet that your headphones use the standard analog headphone jack, so the digital encoding should do exactly nothing to the sound quality on your headphones.
 
I was guessing the other way ... that he has some type of external decoder that he is plugging the headphones into.
If that is indeed the case then the decoder is the problem not the PC.
Many of them will re-matrix the sound into a stereo signal for the headphone output.
Witch, needless to say, makes the whole process of encoding the singal to a lossy format,shooting it through a single cable then decoding it two feet away even more futile.

See what happens when people don't post enough information? :(
 
Blah. The point is that he does not really want his question answered. If he did, he would include more details.
 
Originally posted by GodsMadClown
Blah. The point is that he does not really want his question answered. If he did, he would include more details.

I hope your kidding? I asked a pretty simple question I'm sure anyone that has any idea about LFE Frequency and digital Output or Encoding could handle. Like I said which is best? I have it playing on my headphones and I can't tell the difference that much but there is some and both sound okay. So which would you go with? Digital Output w/encoding on or off? and whats your nforce LFE set at?
 
Originally posted by Glow
I hope your kidding? I asked a pretty simple question I'm sure anyone that has any idea about LFE Frequency and digital Output or Encoding could handle. Like I said which is best? I have it playing on my headphones and I can't tell the difference that much but there is some and both sound okay. So which would you go with? Digital Output w/encoding on or off? and whats your nforce LFE set at?

Not to be too harsh, but you have NO idea what those settings mean, do you? Christ, some people need to learn to just RTFM.
 
Originally posted by Glow
I hope your kidding? I asked a pretty simple question I'm sure anyone that has any idea about LFE Frequency and digital Output or Encoding could handle. Like I said which is best? I have it playing on my headphones and I can't tell the difference that much but there is some and both sound okay. So which would you go with? Digital Output w/encoding on or off? and whats your nforce LFE set at?
You need to turn on Highpass, Cross Over, Valvestate, IC and Polyproplyne in order for Digital Output + Encoding to work within your headphone. Chances are, one of them is turned off my default. Mine did. They must ALL be turned on. Check the advance menu of your board. If you don't see it, you need to change the jumper setting on your board to advance mode.
 
Not to be too harsh, but you have NO idea what those settings mean, do you?

Nothing like pointing out the obvious. :)
There is nothing worse then getting owned by a cheese.
 
Originally posted by andres9606t
Not to be too harsh, but you have NO idea what those settings mean, do you? Christ, some people need to learn to just RTFM.
If I did do you think I would be asking about them? Or would that be too much of a concept for another one of you to grasp.
Lack of info + interest = Question.
 
I guess you really don't understand that you aren't being clear at all.

Just answer this: How are you connecting your headphone to your source (computer)??? List every single component in the chain from computer to headphone. Then maybe the people here can answer your question.
 
Originally posted by Glow
If I did do you think I would be asking about them? Or would that be too much of a concept for another one of you to grasp.
Lack of info + interest = Question.

If you want us to answer your question, we need information. Such as how exactly your headphones are connected to your computer. For all we know you could be running those new USB audio technicas. The people here are a bright lot, but they're not psychic. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top