• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Digital or Analog

hanlin

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 20, 2004
Messages
243
Is there much of a difference between digital and analog lcd monitors?
 
Digital > Analog. It's pretty hard not to see the difference unless you have a crappy panel.
 
Pixeleet said:
Digital > Analog. It's pretty hard not to see the difference unless you have a crappy panel.

I'm confused about this (>). I alwasy get it mixed up. Does it mean that Analog is better then Digital or the other way around.
 
Digital > Analog = Digital is Greater Than Analog = Digial is better

I hope its understandable :)
 
synergyo1 said:
Digital > Analog = Digital is Greater Than Analog = Digial is better

I hope its understandable :)

Yeah that is more understandable. I believe that when I was taught what these symbols (1st grade) meant was that since its open towards Digital that the Analog eats (draw alligator teeth) the Digital therefore I thought Analog was better, and that confused me because I thought that Digital is better.
 
Buy a monitor with DVI input. Buy a video card with DVI output. Attach the monitor to the video card with a DVI cable.

There, no more confusion :D

You will enjoy the digital picture, honest.
 
[|-|a|f E|ite] said:
I'm confused about this (>). I alwasy get it mixed up. Does it mean that Analog is better then Digital or the other way around.
the size of the mouth is bigger than the point... aka greater than

so 3 > 2
the bigger side of the symbol faces the greater side of the argument. < is the opposite

although of course you could be joking (I hope you are) but i'm gonna pretend i'm helping anyway just in case you aren't.



as far as to the original question, I ran my display on analog until I got it to my computer with the DVI connection and there were more artifacts on analog than digital. At least with the DVI connection there's almost nothing you should have to worry about.
 
emorphien said:
although of course you could be joking (I hope you are) but i'm gonna pretend i'm helping anyway just in case you aren't.

Nope. It confuses me. I get it now but in a few months when I see those symbols again, I will have to re-register what they mean. I just don't use them all the time so thats why I forget what they mean.
 
Back
Top