• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Digital or Analog

nekrosoft13

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 4, 2005
Messages
1,618
I have an Audigy 2 and Logitech Z5500 speakers. I was just wondering is it worth it to buy a digital cable instead of using the direct 5.1 analog cable to hook up my speakers.

i know that digital is better, just how much better?
 
Well it depends on what you're trying to do. If you're gaming, you need to have the analog connections. For movies the digital cable will do you better (for DTS or DD decoding).

Really I see no reason not to use both (I do personally on a X-Fi.)
 
nekrosoft13 said:
i know that digital is better, just how much better?
It's not necessarily better. The determining question is what can convert to analog better: The Z-5500s or the Audigy2.

From what I hear they are pretty comparable.
 
Back
Top