Digital Coaxial Audio to Analog Audio converter?

I have a very nice Panasonic DVD player.(dvd-s25) And the analog sound ports went out. But when I connect the RCA to the digital coaxial audio port, I hear sound. Of course very low and all out of wack.

Long story short

I searched google up and down and i can't find a converter that will go from digital coaxial to analog RCA(s).

RocketFast321 said:
I have a very nice Panasonic DVD player.(dvd-s25) And the analog sound ports went out. But when I connect the RCA to the digital coaxial audio port, I hear sound. Of course very low and all out of wack.

Long story short

I searched google up and down and i can't find a converter that will go from digital coaxial to analog RCA(s).

I hope you didn't do what I just think you did......................
^_^

Are you saying....you connected an RCA cable to the digital coax on the DVD player and pluged it into some analog RCA inputs?

There is no passive cable that takes a digital signal and converts it to analog.
You need a DAC (digital to analog conversion). These can eaither be purchased as a stand alone thing, or can be featured in other equipment.

What did you have the DVD player origionally hooked up to? If it's a receiver, chances are it has a digital coax input, in which case you can just plug the dvd player's digital coax output to the receivers digital coax input.

Yea i did what you think i did. But where can I find a DAC? I don't have a receiver, well i got one but it was made in 87. I had the player connected to a TV.

Stand alone dac's can run around 100$+.

This is an asian maker who sells different DAC's http://www.diykits.com.hk/index.html
Although, in your case it might just be cheaper to get a receiver with one built in (probably be cheaper in most cases).

Eaither that, or get the DVD player replaced / fixed if you don't want to add equipment and just keep it connected directly to the TV.

Back