• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Digital Coax

Kido1986

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 10, 2003
Messages
1,180
I know regular SPDIF only does 2 channel, except in DVDs but what about Digital Coax? I'm looking to get the Asus K8V and it appears to have Digital Coax, although it's listed as SPDIF on newegg specs. I have Z680s wanted to know if I can hook them up to it and get 5.1. My DVD on my home theater uses digital coax, but I don't know if DC works the same as SPDIF.
 
Get the Asus A7N8X-Deluxe. Its got on-the-fly Dolby Digital 5.1 encoding (SoundStorm) which will let you hook up to your Z680's and get full digital 5.1 sound. Careful not the get the A7N8XE-Deluxe though, as it sux at overclocking according to Kyle's review.
 
Back
Top