Digital Camera

Tac

Limp Gawd
id go with the canon, seeing as it has better reviews.
besides, 6 megapixels is HUGE, and i can barely imagine 7.1
but what are you using it for?
if it's just point and shooting of everyday things, go for the canon.

Check out sites like dpreview.com. There are tons of reviews and forums dedicated to cameras.

Basically though, the difference between 7 and 6 megapixels isn't something you'll ever notice. What matters a lot more is the quality of sensors and how much noise will be in the photos, as well as how accurate the colors are. Camera features and zooms matter more as well.

I lean strongly towards Canon, but then I have a lot of money invested in Canon lenses and accessories now :). That said, I think you should stick with Canon, Nikon, or Sony. The other brands of cameras don't seem to fare as well, and I really don't like Olympus in general.

I could go on far to long on this too, but my advice in this case is for the Canon.

I own an Olympus Stylus 600 (which is basically a step down from that one) and the only complaint I have about it is the fact that it takes XD memory cards. The XD card cost ~twice as much as the SD cards. The camera takes good pictures and worked well the couple of times I was taking pictures while it was lightly raining.

jon67 said:
Get a Canon Powershot A620. Enough megapixels for large prints (7), excellent IQ, auto and manual operating modes and a flip-out swivel LCD you cannot live without.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16830120179
This man is correct. Get the A620. It's a great introductory camera if you want to learn more and branch out to more manual digital camera such as an SLR. The SD600 has better image quality though.I also recommend the Canon Powershot S3 IS. Awsome compact camera, small enough, and a boatload of features to master. Good if your into photography.

which is best suited for low light with good clear shots close up, like for pics of your rig?

Back