• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Different temps

Joined
Dec 4, 2005
Messages
671
Well my windows bios reports CPU idle at 35 (beta bios). Used to report 25 last I remember. Though I have had the case on its side a few times, so might need a reseat.

Core temp reports 27 idle, CPUID HWMP reports a few higher than core. What do ya trust?
 
Don't worry about temps in the BIOS, as they are not representative. Just use CoreTemp or RealTemp in Windows (and under load, idle temps don't mean much either).
 
Yeah, at 4.2 in skyrim the core temp fires me a mid 40s temp. But I never have 100% CPU, mostly 30-40 across 4 cores. The core temp is nice with g510 for tracking everything.
 
Back
Top