• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Different Supermicro PWS-920P-SQ

Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
40
I'm sorry i post this Powersupply specific question here, but as i have seen most folks in here are using Supermicro Rack gear, it seems to be the best place to ask.

until recently i did not realize there were different kind of SM 1HE Rackmont Powersupplys

PWS-1K41P-1R.jpg

https://mrks.rocks/PWS-1K41P-1R.jpg
on the Top is a PWS-1k41P-1R with a 1+11(top) and 1+8 (buttom) contacts count on the 60,6mm wide PCB
from my SC847E26-RJBOD1 chassis.

PWS-801-1R.jpg

https://mrks.rocks/PWS-801-1R.jpg
and here we have a PWS-801-1R with 4+9 (top) and 4+8(buttom) contacts on the 50mm wide PCB.

I am looking to replace the 800W powersupply because of the Noise. But i am worried that it will not fit.
I have a SM 836TQ-R800 chassis

Can i replace the 800W Powersupply with a PWS-920P-SQ?? Are they all the same, or do revisions exist?
 
This is in the wrong forum, but I'll answer anyways.

I don't have any specific knowledge about Supermicro's power supply compatibility. However, just looking at the pictures the contacts on the PCB are spaced differently between the two PSUs; differently enough that they would surely short were one installed in the other's slot. I think you can safely assume they are *not* compatible with each other.
 
This is in the wrong forum, but I'll answer anyways.

I don't have any specific knowledge about Supermicro's power supply compatibility. However, just looking at the pictures the contacts on the PCB are spaced differently between the two PSUs; differently enough that they would surely short were one installed in the other's slot. I think you can safely assume they are *not* compatible with each other.

I know that they are not compatible, besides the fact that they do not fit.

My question ist, is the SQ (PWS-920P-SQ) compatible with the SC836TQ Chassis.

Does a Compatibility Matrix exist for Chassis and Powersupplys??

I know such matrix (not really, but a few chassis have a list of compatible Boards, see https://www.supermicro.nl/products/chassis/3U/833/SC833T-653B for example) can be found for Chassis and Mainboards.

But how do i find compatible Powersupplys for my chassis.
(Until recent, i did not realize that they were even different kind of rack gear Powersupplys, besides their wattage and efficiency.
Like in: "every ATX Powersupply can drive every ATX Mainboard")
 
Last edited:
Back
Top