Different 680´s in SLi, poor overclock ! Should i flash them equally ?

DouglasteR

Gawd
The title pretty much say it all,

I have two 680´s in SLi, one is an EVGA SC and the other a Zotak 680 overclocked too.

I cant get a stable overclock in them (synced or not) so i thought of flashing them with the same clocks !

Would do any difference ?

Thanks

You have to be more specific with that unstable overclock... And i have to remember that when SLI its enabled the OC potential its reduced by certain amount thats a general rule.. And happens to me in my last 660ti's in SLI they reduced like 100-150mhz from 1450mhz to 1350-1300mhz..

Also you have to take into consideration memory temperatures, most cooler simply does not cool properly the memory modules and get too hot quickly, also take in consideration the PSU and the need of power of the cards, if the cards not receive the requiered power will be unstable during high stress test or gaming...

You have to be more specific with that unstable overclock... And i have to remember that when SLI its enabled the OC potential its reduced by certain amount thats a general rule.. And happens to me in my last 660ti's in SLI they reduced like 100-150mhz from 1450mhz to 1350-1300mhz..

Also you have to take into consideration memory temperatures, most cooler simply does not cool properly the memory modules and get too hot quickly, also take in consideration the PSU and the need of power of the cards, if the cards not receive the requiered power will be unstable during high stress test or gaming...

Yeah, im barely achieving 50+ on the cores and 200+ on the memory.

The cards are clean and with the tim renewed (i believe the memory have good contact with the heatsink)

My psu is a Corsair AX1200

Anyone have an equal SLi setup with a sucessfull overclock ?

I haven't seen that problem lately......

I've had 670,680 and now 780 GTX in SLi with good overclocks.
Granted my cards are generally always reference models, but not always from the same vendor.

My cards have all been in the +110 to +130 range.

What are your two cards capable of individually? start there.
What software are you using to overclock them?
Are you increasing the power and voltage as well?

I haven't seen that problem lately......

I've had 670,680 and now 780 GTX in SLi with good overclocks.
Granted my cards are generally always reference models, but not always from the same vendor.

My cards have all been in the +110 to +130 range.

What are your two cards capable of individually? start there.
What software are you using to overclock them?
Are you increasing the power and voltage as well?

Good thinking, i never have over them alone ! Ill try it tonight.

Evga precision.

The power target its at 132%, but i really dont know how to increase the voltage in precision

Good thinking, i never have over them alone ! Ill try it tonight.

Evga precision.

The power target its at 132%, but i really dont know how to increase the voltage in precision

I use afterburner.:D

Back