Differences between Samsung 930B and 940B?

GilmourD

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
11,185
Both of these seem to have been released around the same time and have pretty much the same specs. I notice a different bezel, stand, and control strip... What else is different? What actual panels do they use (LTM***)? What else is different?
 
SyncMasterTM 930B-Black (19 inch monitor)

The Samsung SyncMaster 930b is a 19-inch analog and digital TFT-LCD delivering a 700:1 contrast ratio, 300cd/m2 brightness, 1280 x 1024 resolution, 160/160 degree viewing angle and scanning frequency of 30-81kHz horizontal and 56-75Hz vertical. It features MagicTune, MagicBright, MagicColor and built-in power.

SyncMaster™ 940B 19" monitor

The Samsung SyncMaster 940b is a 19-inch analog and digital TFT-LCD delivering a 700:1 contrast ratio, 300cd/m2 brightness, 1280 x 1024 resolution, 160/160 degree viewing angle and scanning frequency of 30-81kHz horizontal and 56-75Hz vertical with a fast response time of 8ms. It features MagicTune, MagicBright II, MagicColor and built-in power.

Only difference from the explanations I saw was on the last line. 940B has faster response time apparently and has MagicBright II instead of just normal MagicBright... I have no idea what its for but oh well.
 
Geef01 said:
SyncMasterTM 930B-Black (19 inch monitor)

The Samsung SyncMaster 930b is a 19-inch analog and digital TFT-LCD delivering a 700:1 contrast ratio, 300cd/m2 brightness, 1280 x 1024 resolution, 160/160 degree viewing angle and scanning frequency of 30-81kHz horizontal and 56-75Hz vertical. It features MagicTune, MagicBright, MagicColor and built-in power.

SyncMaster™ 940B 19" monitor

The Samsung SyncMaster 940b is a 19-inch analog and digital TFT-LCD delivering a 700:1 contrast ratio, 300cd/m2 brightness, 1280 x 1024 resolution, 160/160 degree viewing angle and scanning frequency of 30-81kHz horizontal and 56-75Hz vertical with a fast response time of 8ms. It features MagicTune, MagicBright II, MagicColor and built-in power.

Only difference from the explanations I saw was on the last line. 940B has faster response time apparently and has MagicBright II instead of just normal MagicBright... I have no idea what its for but oh well.

I don't know where you saw it had a faster response time. According to Samsung's own specs they have the exact same response times.

Albert
 
sorry, I was just checking out the little explanations they have about each on Samsung's website. I didn't look in the manuals or anything. :)
 
Albert Silver said:
I don't know where you saw it had a faster response time. According to Samsung's own specs they have the exact same response times.

Albert
And that's what confuses me... But I glossed over the MagicBright II... So, maybe the 940B's a little brighter?
 
Back
Top