Differences between PC-V1200 and PC-V1000?

mwin

2[H]4U
Does anybody know the differences between Lian-Li's PC-V1200 and the PC-V1000? They look exactly the same to me, except the V1000 is $40 cheaper.

Look at the specs :)

v1000
Dimensions 20.7" x 19.3" x 8.3"

v1200
Dimensions 24.6" x 8.3" x 19.3"

the 1200 is longer. 4 inches longer.. just like me.

And the v1200 has more fans included.

Look at the size. The 1200 is much deeper. Compare the area the PSU sits in. No room for cables on the 1100 without intruding on the second hard drive bay.

If you want big and lots of air flow take a look at the new Lian Li PC-A70 and A71 cases. Also the new PC-B25 case coming out the end of November. It's not as big but still looks like it has good air flow.

Look at the size. The 1200 is much deeper. Compare the area the PSU sits in. No room for cables on the 1100 without intruding on the second hard drive bay.
Nah, there's plenty of room for the PSU cables. All you have to do is take out that stupid PSU divider. There's like 4 screws holding it in.

The V1000 will (snugly) fit a standard ATX size PSU. If you go up one size to something like the Silverstone ST1000 modular, you will likely have to remove the PSU divider at the very least.

If you put the really big PSU's (like the Enermax Galaxy or Ultra X3) in there, you'll have to lose one of the hard drive cages. I had a 1000w Galaxy in the V1000 I just got rid of and could only use one of the HD cage (i.e. 3 HDD's) but that worked fine for me.

I replaced the V1000 with a V2100 plus II - which is actually WAY too big for my needs. The V1200 is a very good in-between b/c it gives you more depth without the huge vertical full tower height!

Apologies if this is one of those really dumb questions:rolleyes:, but as I look for the case for a new build, I was interested in the V1200 but found that the mb must be turned upside down and this led to me posting this question as to why Lian Li (and few others) build a few models of cases that are reversed from the majority of cases out there.:confused:

MikeSp

The V1000 will (snugly) fit a standard ATX size PSU. If you go up one size to something like the Silverstone ST1000 modular, you will likely have to remove the PSU divider at the very least.

If you put the really big PSU's (like the Enermax Galaxy or Ultra X3) in there, you'll have to lose one of the hard drive cages. I had a 1000w Galaxy in the V1000 I just got rid of and could only use one of the HD cage (i.e. 3 HDD's) but that worked fine for me.

I replaced the V1000 with a V2100 plus II - which is actually WAY too big for my needs. The V1200 is a very good in-between b/c it gives you more depth without the huge vertical full tower height!

Is the SilverStone ST85F Modular (850 watts) a standard ATX size PSU? From what I hear, its pretty large. Thats the PSU I have been thinking of getting and I would like to know if it would fit in the V1000... the V1200 just seems a bit too long.

Apologies if this is one of those really dumb questions:rolleyes:, but as I look for the case for a new build, I was interested in the V1200 but found that the mb must be turned upside down and this led to me posting this question as to why Lian Li (and few others) build a few models of cases that are reversed from the majority of cases out there.:confused:

MikeSp

Why? No idea.

-Because cabling is easier for a bottom chamber PSU.
-Heat rises, and graphics are always the hottest, so they get the top.
-They hate Thermalright.
-If your computer sits on your left, you can have the window facing you.

LOL - why is a very good question! I actually like it but as the above poster says, Lian Li must have something against ThermalRight because you'll be hard-pressed to get any of their (good) HSF's to fit in these cases.

The V1000 wouldn't allow my TRUE 120 to fit the way that'll allow it to cool best so my temps rose about 8-10*C from my Stacker's temps. The space for the mobo is JUST big enough to fit the EVGA 680i/780i board in and, seeing as how there isn't much space in the lower PSU compartment, I can understand why both areas are cramped.

The REAL pisser for me is that the V2100 I just got is friggin' ginormous and I'll never be able to use all of that space on the lower half. So why in the world they didn't enlarge to top half (mobo compartment) by an inch or two to allow for more workspace and versatility with bigger HSF's . . . I have no friggin' clue!

Beautiful cases and very well made . . . but maybe there's a reason I'm using the Silverstone TJ09 (with the "normal" mobo layout) right now instead.

As for the Silverstone PSU question, the 850w is (I think) the same size as the 1000w. Both are what I would call the "medium" sized PSU. The standard ATX is the "normal", most common size and is also the smallest. The 850w's medium size in, of course, in-between the ATX and the largest (aka EPS) size of the Galaxy and X3 1000w. Hope that helps some.

I looked it up on the Silverstone Website, they say the ST85F is 180mm (7.1 inches) long. In one of the reviews I read for the V1000, it said I need a 6-6.5 inch PSU for this case... so I guess its too big. The OP850 is only 150mm (5.9 inches) so it should work without problems, right?

Okay... in the Lian Li V1000... how hard/easy is it to remove the PSU divider and the right HD tray? If its easy enough, then I will get this case...

Okay... in the Lian Li V1000... how hard/easy is it to remove the PSU divider and the right HD tray? If its easy enough, then I will get this case...

Are you capable of removing two screws with a phillips head screwdriver? :D

Ah cool... I thought maybe they were bolted in and I would have to dremel them off.

Back