Differences between Creative Sound Blaster AE-9PE and Creative Sound Blaster AE-9???

tecjim

n00b
what are the differences between a Sound Blaster AE-9PE and Creative Sound Blaster AE-9?

which to buy from these 2 versions??? which is better/?

to buy the original ae-9 or to buy the Sound Blaster AE-9PE playback edition??

any help please/?

the most online shops has the Sound Blaster AE-9PE playback edition .

why the most online shops dont have the original AE-9?? and have only the AE-9PE playback edition .??

tecjim

n00b
I believe the PE is missing certain inputs for recording.
I believe the PE is missing certain inputs for recording.
i am interesting to buy the soundblaster ae-9 i have heard that the soundblaster ae-9 has issues and problems is is true?

they have told me that there is one another version of AE-9pE which doesn have issues and problems./.

have you noticed issues and problems with the soundblaster AE-9??

Hallyday

Weaksauce
If you're running headphones, I'd look at good external DACs like Schiit. Otherwise, I'd be spending the money towards a pair of good studio monitors and running them off onboard audio. Sound cards are an interference collector and waste of money.

OFaceSIG

2[H]4U
If you're running headphones, I'd look at good external DACs like Schiit. Otherwise, I'd be spending the money towards a pair of good studio monitors and running them off onboard audio. Sound cards are an interference collector and waste of money.
You advise people to pay good money for monitors and then run them off internal audio?

Hallyday

Weaksauce
You advise people to pay good money for monitors and then run them off internal audio?

"Good money", subjectivity. I didn't talk about a certain amount of cash. There ain't nothing inherited wrong with running decent monitors with onboard audio. My mom's PC is running Mackie's with her Strix board's audio and it works very well. Just doesn't get as loud as my receiver setup, but that's because of the smaller sound stage of those speakers.

Active monitors can perfectly be ran with onboard audio. I'd suggest an interface IF he is editing music or such, but that doesn't sound like the case here. Passive on the other hand, benefit more sensibly from DACs and such. At least in these scenarios.

Och

n00b
i am interesting to buy the soundblaster ae-9 i have heard that the soundblaster ae-9 has issues and problems is is true?

they have told me that there is one another version of AE-9pE which doesn have issues and problems./.

have you noticed issues and problems with the soundblaster AE-9??

Absolutely no problems, people who are having issues probably have old Windows installations with a bunch of junk installed. I highly recommend the AE-9, it is excellent.

Och

n00b

Ok, that is absolute nonsense. First of all, a modern top of the line soundcard such as the AE-9 has a separate dac/amp for headphones, and a separate dac for speakers. On the AE9 the headphone dac/amp are inside the desktop ACM module which is linked to the soundcard with a digital cable, so no interference.

The soundcard itself is very well shielded from EMI, so its not a concern. It provides many more options that Schiit dac/amp do not - speaker output, several digital outputs, various inputs for recording, software suite with a lot of great features.

On my office PC I use headphones exclusively, HD650 paired to Schiit Modi/Magni DAC/AMP combo. Excellent setup, but limited to headphones only. At home I have the AE-9 and my wife has the ZxR - they are a lot more feature rich for not much more $ than the Schiit setup.

As far as onboard, its fine if used with cheap stereo desktop speakers, but it doesn't cut it with a good set of speakers or premium headphones.

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
Ok, that is absolute nonsense. First of all, a modern top of the line soundcard such as the AE-9 has a separate dac/amp for headphones, and a separate dac for speakers. On the AE9 the headphone dac/amp are inside the desktop ACM module which is linked to the soundcard with a digital cable, so no interference.

The soundcard itself is very well shielded from EMI, so its not a concern. It provides many more options that Schiit dac/amp do not - speaker output, several digital outputs, various inputs for recording, software suite with a lot of great features.

On my office PC I use headphones exclusively, HD650 paired to Schiit Modi/Magni DAC/AMP combo. Excellent setup, but limited to headphones only. At home I have the AE-9 and my wife has the ZxR - they are a lot more feature rich for not much more $ than the Schiit setup.

As far as onboard, its fine if used with cheap stereo desktop speakers, but it doesn't cut it with a good set of speakers or premium headphones.
What has better sound output, the ZxR or the AE-9? I am considering a sound card for my second PC which will be my new Main PC and I have a ZxR in my current Main PC.

Och

n00b
Honestly, at their flagship level they are about the same. The AE-9 is more future proof, since they won't be discontinuing the software/drivers for it anytime soon, but ZxR still gets excellent support. Also, the AE-9 is a bit louder if you have high gain headphones, but you'll never crank the volume all the way up with either card unless you want to become deaf.

The ZxR ACM is analog, so the headphone amp on the card can potentially be affected by EMI, but it's got such great shielding that it doesn't matter. Also, the volume button on the ZxR ACM sometimes makes a static noise, at least on the early versions of the ZxR. On the plus side, the ZxR ACM has a built in mic, which is surprisingly decent. With the AE-9 you'll have to get the mic separately.

Och

n00b
P.S. I also used to have a Sennheiser GSX1200 headphone amp, and while it had excellent virtual surround effects, it just didn't have enough juice to drive HD650 quite like the AE-9, ZxR, or the Schiit combo.

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
Honestly, at their flagship level they are about the same. The AE-9 is more future proof, since they won't be discontinuing the software/drivers for it anytime soon, but ZxR still gets excellent support. Also, the AE-9 is a bit louder if you have high gain headphones, but you'll never crank the volume all the way up with either card unless you want to become deaf.

The ZxR ACM is analog, so the headphone amp on the card can potentially be affected by EMI, but it's got such great shielding that it doesn't matter. Also, the volume button on the ZxR ACM sometimes makes a static noise, at least on the early versions of the ZxR. On the plus side, the ZxR ACM has a built in mic, which is surprisingly decent. With the AE-9 you'll have to get the mic separately.
I primarily use my 20+ year old Alesis Monitors, I do have a pair of Sennheiser headphones but I hardly use them.
I still have an ACM from my old Soundblaster ZX so I could use that as a Mic as I do use the ZxR's ACM as a mic when I play games.
IMG_1496-mosaic.jpg

Och

n00b
With speakers you probably won't have much difference at all. I think the ZxR is limited to 5.1 vs 7.1 on the AE-9, but it does apply to you since you are using stereo speakers.

Thats a pretty cool looking setup by the way!

Hallyday

Weaksauce

The only people who glorify sound cards are absolute boomers who don't know any better, you mentioned that only the headphone DAC is on the desktop module, so that leaves you EMI bound on the speaker end. We've seen many sound cards in past with all these pointless shields on them against EMI fail at it. You also didn't talk about the price of this junk, it costs at least 250 when you can even find it. For that kind of price, I've gotten myself a Presonus interface which has capabilities way beyond that piece of crap. It even has coaxial outs for changing Hz / time.

tecjim

n00b

the ae-9 has better dac and amplier from ae-5 and ae7??

also the ae-9 is better in gamiing and music from, ae-7 and ae-5?

which are the differences between a Sound Blaster AE-9PE and Creative Sound Blaster AE-9?

i have read that the Sound Blaster AE-9PE has some ,missing some inputs/

which inputs are missing from Sound Blaster AE-9PE??

the - Audio Control Module (of ae-9 has all these things

1 x 3.5mm Mic Input

1 x 3.5mm Unbalanced 4-pole HP/Headset (CTIA)

1 x 1/4" HP Output

1 x RCA (L/R) Stereo Aux Input

1 x 1/4" TRS/XLR Combo Mic Input

1 x HP/Speaker volume knob/switch

1 x 48V Phantom power switch (ON/OFF)

1 x 3-way HP gain switch (IEM, Normal, High)

1 x 4 digit 7-segment LED Volume/Status display

1 x ACM Link Connector

Built-in X-amp

Cable Length: 1.4m

from all these things which ae-9pe doesnt have?? from this list??

Och

n00b
The only people who glorify sound cards are absolute boomers who don't know any better, you mentioned that only the headphone DAC is on the desktop module, so that leaves you EMI bound on the speaker end. We've seen many sound cards in past with all these pointless shields on them against EMI fail at it. You also didn't talk about the price of this junk, it costs at least 250 when you can even find it. For that kind of price, I've gotten myself a Presonus interface which has capabilities way beyond that piece of crap. It even has coaxial outs for changing Hz / time.

LOL, take your meds bro.

Och

n00b
the ae-9 has better dac and amplier from ae-5 and ae7??

also the ae-9 is better in gamiing and music from, ae-7 and ae-5?
Yes, the AE-9 is the flagship card, much like the ZxR before it and Titanium HD prior to the ZxR. Don't listen to the haters, its an excellent card, its headphone dac/amp is at least as excellent as the Schiit combo, and it has options for speakers, inputs and great software with a bunch of proprietary features.

Hallyday

Weaksauce
LOL, take your meds bro.

This just goes to prove your mentality of being a jerk who doesn't understand anything, thank you.

Also, I wouldn't put Mackie CRs to the "cheap desktop speaker" echelon. They may be cheap on a wallet $$ respect, but they're good speakers for the money. Especially the new X versions are being preferred by smaller audio editors and such. Nevertheless, they can perfectly be ran with onboard audio as they also do RCA anyway. Yes, higher end speakers with XLR can make use of those interfaces and such, but you can perfectly buy monitors worth 100 bucks and get proper performance using onboard. Especially if it's just a room environment.

I'm also seeing that the OP already decided on buying this garbage, without even telling what kind of audio rig he has. So I'm wasting my time here.