Difference between XIgmatek S1283 & Red Scorpion

Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
537
Title says it all...I've tried to search for it but I can't find anything...

From the specs, the only difference I can see is the color of the fan, and the less RPM and noise on the Red Scopion fan...

Also, is there a difference between the metals used?
 
The heatsink itself is identical. Check out the fan specs of each one as I think the fan used might differ slightly.
 
The heat pipes on the red scorpian are nickle plated over copper whereas the S1283 are bare copper.

That and the fan is red.

Everything else is identical.
 
So would it be worth it for the Red Scorpion over the regular one...

I have no idea what helps more...nickel plated or just plain copper
 
+1 to bare copper, and with that definitely do not use the crap supplied thermal paste, it's silicon-based and can corrode the copper.
 
Back
Top