Difference between two EVGA GTX 1060 cards?

Engr62

Gawd
EVGA always seems to have a bunch of versions of a particular GPU to offer. I've been trying to figure out the difference between two of their GTX 1060s, and I cannot for the life of me figure out their differences (other than the box). They both have ACX 3.0 & LEDs, they both have a base clock of 1607 MHz and a boost clock of 1708 MHz. So, what am I missing?

GTX 1060 SSC DT Gaming (06G-P4-6265-KR)

vs

GTX 1060 Gaming (06G-P4-6262-KR)

Last edited:
from the pics, the SSC DT appears to have a metal front plate under the heatsink. Can be seen in the photos showing the 8 pin connector as well as the display connectors.

One is ludicrously expensive, and the other is only slightly more ludicrously expensive.

It's amazing when MSRP on company sites follows the rest of the market, EVGA wants their cut of all that cash :D

One is ludicrously expensive, and the other is only slightly more ludicrously expensive.

It's amazing when MSRP on company sites follows the rest of the market, EVGA wants their cut of all that cash :D

Several of their MSRP's went up by about $50 within the last month or so. I hope it's because their supply of DDR5 increased and not their jumping on the bandwagon of just jacking up their prices because the want to join the feeding frenzy.

from the pics, the SSC DT appears to have a metal front plate under the heatsink. Can be seen in the photos showing the 8 pin connector as well as the display connectors.

Good observation. It does appear that the SSC DT may have a plate under the heat sink. Strange that it is the cheaper version.

Yes, very confusing.
EVGA has an "articles" page that has specs in a table: https://www.evga.com/articles/01036/evga-geforce-gtx-1060/
Note you need to scroll down a lot to see the table, at least on my 1080P monitor.
Specs seem the same there. Both have the same 4+1 VRM and same 120W max power.

I found a forum thread where people were talking about a DT version of the 1080 FTW. It had lower clock speed and performance than the normal FTW.
https://forums.evga.com/1080-FTW-DT-m2506026.aspx
Maybe that DT card just is a lower binned gpu.

In this case both the 1060 cards have the same advertised clock speeds so I'm not sure there will be a performance difference or not. To be safe, if both were in stock at the same price, I'd get the non-DT card.
Of course due to mining this choice may not exist.

Back