Difference between the two EVGA Classified motherboards?

The only thing that stands out is that one contains the NF200 chip, while the other doesn't. Is this the only significant difference, or is there more? If it's just the NF200, I'll save the money.

Pretty much, bro. Also, one of them comes with the overclocking panel while the other doesn't.

I don't have any local stores that carry the board, unless Fry's or Microcenter carry it. I'll likely be ordering from Newegg after I return my Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5.

Essentially, the "original" Classified, like I have, has the NF200 chip, a little daughter board called the ECP (Evga Control Panel) and a "Limited Edition Certificate" (BFD).

Thats really it. Other than that the boards are identical.

I use SLi so the NF200 is wasted on me, but it was all there was when I stepped up.

I really like the board. It has been solid right out of the box......but if you don't need all the schizzle............get the "plain" X58 SLi board. I had one of those, and it was very stable and allowed me an OC right at 4 GHz on a 920. On the Classified I've made it to 4.15 GHz with the same cpu..........basically I think its the cpu and not the board......I'm considering a D0 version.

Essentially, the "original" Classified, like I have, has the NF200 chip, a little daughter board called the ECP (Evga Control Panel) and a "Limited Edition Certificate" (BFD).

Thats really it. Other than that the boards are identical.

I use SLi so the NF200 is wasted on me, but it was all there was when I stepped up.

I really like the board. It has been solid right out of the box......but if you don't need all the schizzle............get the "plain" X58 SLi board. I had one of those, and it was very stable and allowed me an OC right at 4 GHz on a 920. On the Classified I've made it to 4.15 GHz with the same cpu..........basically I think its the cpu and not the board......I'm considering a D0 version.

I want the Classified mainly for the layout, and the fact that they fixed the sleep issue.

Which should I go for?

If you really want a Classified, there is just one question to answer......

Triple Sli.

If you ever thought about Triple, get the NF200 model.
If it isn't an issue, get the nonNF200 model.

If you really want a Classified, there is just one question to answer......

Triple Sli.

If you ever thought about Triple, get the NF200 model.
If it isn't an issue, get the nonNF200 model.

Ordered the non NF200 version, thanks.

enjoy.

It a great board.

Only advice, get a small 50mm fan for the NB heatsink. The NB tends to run a little hot and the fan makes a big difference.

enjoy.

It a great board.

Only advice, get a small 50mm fan for the NB heatsink. The NB tends to run a little hot and the fan makes a big difference.

Specific fan recommendation? I'm going for quiet with this computer, so I'm not so sure about a small fan.

Still can't justify the ~$70 for a water block.

I used this one:http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6...ow_50mm_x_10mm_Fan_125010DM.html?tl=g36c15s71

I don't think it really matters all that much......all these little ones make noise......the width is the real key. 10mm is about all the space you have to squeeze the fan into place.:D

I decided to use water and bought the BitsPower block..............it was mad expensive, but I just threw caution to the wind.......and a fistful of cash.

Oh, okay. I was looking at it from the viewpoint of someone routing the cable behind their motherboard tray.

Personally, its not very asthetically pleasing because the cable WILL show. But its much easier to deal with. I like having it at the top, even when an extension cable is necessary. You just never see it :)

If you notice both these boards are analog pwms and both are only 1 8pin cpu connector. So the power delivery wont be nearly as much as a classified. But it will probably still be great considering the EVGA X58 3XSLI board's performance.

Wait, I thought you got the BP block?

Yes, I did.
I haven't had the time to install it yet......maybe this weekend.........have to take the board all apart.:D

In reference to the new LE......how would that 8 pin placement keep one from needing an extension???? In that location (lower) if your PSU in top mounted, you'd almost NEED an extension to reach.....meh.
I do like the look of the LE overall.

Yes, I did.
I haven't had the time to install it yet......maybe this weekend.........have to take the board all apart.:D

In reference to the new LE......how would that 8 pin placement keep one from needing an extension???? In that location (lower) if your PSU in top mounted, you'd almost NEED an extension to reach.....meh.
I do like the look of the LE overall.

In most instances the 8 pin is 12inches long... the placement of that pin is easily 12 inches from either a bottom or top mounted PSU.

But now there's no way to really hide the wires well. :L

10-4. If you put that deal nearly in the middle, is going to be obvious.......but not the end of the world, especially if you have thin "flex" type cables.

I still really like the look of the LE.......if I didn't have my Classified, I'd be in line for one of those.;)

Back