• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Difference between TForce and Non-Tforce 6100-939

Mistrblank

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
172
I bought a Biostar TForce 6100-939 about a year and a half ago (the one with the nvidia410 NB). Within the last week it started running like a dog and I started updating everything on the system last night that I could. Ultimately it came down to the BIOS being the last piece on the board to update and so I reluctantly went ahead and did it using the live update (which I had . System won't post now, nothing comes to the screen. It has an on/off beeping which according to the manual is a DRAM missing issue. However the system indicator lights are indicating a "VGA Issue" according to the manual. No idea what's going on.

Anyway, long story short (I know, too late), I can't find the TForce version of the board anywhere, I'm assuming it was discontinued awhile ago. I am however looking at a non-TForce version of the board and it looks like the exact same board aside from different color plastic for the RAM slots and a few other oddities. My question is, what is the difference in the boards? Is it just overclocking capabilities? If that's the case it doesn't matter much to me since I never really OC'd on the original to begin with.

My other question relates to the raid controller. I had my OS installed on a raid between two SATA drives using the MB's RAID. If I just swap the boards, am I still going to have access to the raid sets? Will everything just work as is?
 
I know they just discontinued last week the Socket 754 version of the mATX TForce board.

I'm betting the 939 is gone too. Try Axiontech.com, Directron.com, ExcaliberPC.com. They still had a few models in 754 -- might have better luck with 939.

I missed getting that 754 TForce too -- I just bought the Asus K8N-VM, and I think I had to "settle" for this board to get a "midgrade" to PCI-E from my AGP/754 Shuttle system.

Good luck.

IronChefMorimoto
 
Look around on the web. Newegg sells the 939 Geforce 6100, looked at other reviews, no heatsink on one chipset. Supposidly the Tforce used better capacitors and stuff, I certainly can't verify it. It doesn't look like the Geforce is an overclocker board like the Tforce was.

I don't know where you live, but Miami's Flagler Tiger outlet still had 4 Tforces last weekend. Gotta watch it some of them had acessory parts "missing" from the retail boxes.
 
You wouldn't be losing a whole lot with the non-TForce board. Pretty much onboard diagnostic LEDs, power/reset button, color scheme, maybe a USB header, capacitor quality, and BIOS options (overclock related) were the things they changed between the two types.

I don't know if you've tried everything yet but pop the BIOS battery then power up the system w/o the BIOS battery and w/o the power supply turned on a few times to drain the motherboard of all power. Try to see if it will boot up again after that. If not, it's off to motherboard heaven... (maybe you can RMA?)
 
Look around on the web. Newegg sells the 939 Geforce 6100, looked at other reviews, no heatsink on one chipset. Supposidly the Tforce used better capacitors and stuff, I certainly can't verify it. It doesn't look like the Geforce is an overclocker board like the Tforce was.

I don't know where you live, but Miami's Flagler Tiger outlet still had 4 Tforces last weekend. Gotta watch it some of them had acessory parts "missing" from the retail boxes.

I already ordered an open box on the 939 Geforce 6100 through newegg. I don't need all of the cables and such, just the board so I'm ok with that. At this point I may just slide that board in permanently.

However, Biostar has already gotten back to me and agreed to RMA the board with almost no trouble and without charge (aside from shipping fees). I was quite surprised, especially since I couldn't even find warranty information in any of my documentation or on their website.

They did have me attempt to pull the battery and remove power from the system, let it sit for 10 minutes (I gave it 20). That was a no go.

The biggest concern I have right now is whether or not I will get back my Raid0 so I don't have to endure the reinstall process (nor lose a mass of other stuff).
 
yeah i did the saem thing, updated with the live bios update, but i just moved my ram to the next slot over and it worked fine.
 
yeah i did the saem thing, updated with the live bios update, but i just moved my ram to the next slot over and it worked fine.

So you're saying you had the same issue and moving RAM fixed it? I'm pretty sure I tried swapping the location of RAM dims, but I'll check again when I get home before I start tearing the MoBo out to RMA it back to Biostar.
 
Look around on the web. Newegg sells the 939 Geforce 6100, looked at other reviews, no heatsink on one chipset. Supposidly the Tforce used better capacitors and stuff, I certainly can't verify it. It doesn't look like the Geforce is an overclocker board like the Tforce was.

I don't know where you live, but Miami's Flagler Tiger outlet still had 4 Tforces last weekend. Gotta watch it some of them had acessory parts "missing" from the retail boxes.

The T-Force does use better hardware... and with the right bios you can enable quite a few things...
 
Back
Top