• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Difference between Pentium D, X2 and C2D

rahavsmt

Gawd
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
513
I would like to know the difference between those CPU at the same clockspeed in percentage terms ie X2 is 20% faster than Pentium D.

I know the difference is not consistent across all benchmark or program but can just somebody give me a rough estimate.

Thanks.
 
Running Folding @ Home the core 2 is about 25% faster than the AMD64 and the AMD 64 is about 25% faster than the Pentium 4. These estimates are prob on the low side.
 
Core2 > X2 > P D

I think the old saying was, Core 2 clock * 1.7 = PD clock performance. Very roughly.
 
Back
Top