Difference between NEC/MITSUBISHI FP2141 & DP2070?

sublime059

n00b
I am looking into buying a new monitor quite soon. Ive decided the 2001fp just isnt for me, and am gonna get a really nice CRT. I wish to buy a NEC/Mitsubishi, and have narrowed it down to the DP2070 or the FP2141.

DP2070

FP2141

Now, the basic question is, what is the difference between them? The 2141 is 51 dollors cheaper than the 2070. I cant seem to find a difference at all, the specs are exacltey alike.

What is causing the price difference?

(sorry if this has been asked much before, I personally have not seen a thread about it)

Nothing to add to that, except that I'm in the same boat.. can't decide between the 2001FP or a nice CRT like the DP2070...

The tubes are exactly the same. Identical. Who knows why Mitsu would want to charge more money for thiers.

I got the 2141, it is identical to the 2070. Only thing I can think of why one cost more than the other is because it costs more money to write mitsubishi on the tube rather than nec :).

I also have an FP2141 and let me tell you it's amazing. Certainly cumbersome to move around but it's so amazing for games in terms of sheer size and the refresh rates at which it runs. My Counter-Strike game has never been more solid. All in all a spectacular purchase worth every penny.

Back