Difference between Intel D875PBZ and D875PBZLK

B

brawler

Guest
Whats the ifference between Intel D875PBZ and D875PBZLK motherboards? Also whats the difference between retail and oem boards?

Sorry im a newb. Thanks
 
I think the D875PBZ has no onboard audio and the D875PBZLK has it. There are probably other differences in onboard devices. But the boards would likely be the same otherwise.

Why haven't you looked it up on the Intel website? That would answer your questions for sure.
 
The LK has the Intel 82547EI Gigabit (10/100/1000Mbits/sec) Ethernet which most people don't really need. If you don't need 1000Mbits per second then don't worry about. I know I don't. 10/100 is fine.

Yes, New Egg had more info than the Intel website. If the info was there, it was buried.

P.S. I think neither has onboard audio. That's only available to Intel's direct customers.
 
What you should be more concerned with is that the FMB 1.5 supports newer processors like the 478 Prescott (I think.) You want motherboard revision 206 or newer. I haven't been following the D875PBZ much lately, so correct me if I'm wrong, but one thing is sure, its a rock-solid board.

Edit: Here's Intel's supported processor for this board:

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bz/bz_proc.htm

Note the board revision in the right column.

With all due respect to [H]ard OCP, you need to see this thread and post your questions there:

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47089&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
 
Back
Top