Difference between DFI UT SLI-DR and non-UT SLI-DR?

A_N_D_Y

Weaksauce
You get a few extras with the non-UT version. Other than that I *think* the boards are identical.

This pic shows some of the extras on the non-UT version, the sleeving kit and the--I forget what it's called, the black, rectangular thingy on the right side (takes up an optical bay and displays temps or something.) Plus a few other odds and ends, I think the LED diagnostic on the mobo (I don't have one on my UT).

dont get neither.

get this one instead. its much cheaper and it can very easily be modded to be an SLI ready board by just connecting two contacts on the board's chipset.

Why would they sell a dual PCI-e board without SLI enabled? thats...odd, no?

I found this on another board from a supposed DFI expert:

Thanks for stopping by and great choice of mother-boards. The only difference is how the two products are marketed to the public. The UT package, supports a smaller bundle, therefore a smaller price tag. However the motherboards are indentical between the two. Only a label stamped to the motherboard distinguishes the differences, otherwise they are they same indentical mother-board with the same exact features and performance.

That should clarify everything.

Zero

not necessarily. future audio cards, for example, might utilize the extra bandwidth of the pci-e slot.

A_N_D_Y said:
Why would they sell a dual PCI-e board without SLI enabled? thats...odd, no?

because if they did that then they wouldnt be getting any extra money for their official SLI capable motherboards the way they do.

its been said countless times that both the non-SLI boards and the regular SLI boards use the same exact chipset. the only difference is that the non-SLI board's chipset has two tiny connection points on the chipset that arent connected. but like I said earlier, this can be changed quite easily.

go to the OC forums. there's a pretty nice article on how to enable the SLI feature on the non-SLI boards.

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D - 8 ch audio, only sata150 ports, retails for $5.00 less then the DR version

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR - 6 ch audio, sata150/sata II ports,also slightly smaller then both models in width by 0.9 inches

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR - 8ch audio, sata150/sata II ports, frontx panel, additional header for frontx panel, sleeving kit and carrying strap

DFI LANPARTY nf4 Ultra D - this has most of the features from the high end boards and also have TWO PCI-E x16 slots but NO SLI BUT it can be modded with the pencil trick or a conductive pen to utilize SLI

hope this guide helps you guys out, im actually chose the last mobo and did the pencil trick

Back