• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Difference between Audegy2 and X-FI?

sculelos

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
4,689
Okay, well since someone said that Realtek is crap, I want to know if thiers any big differences between these two sound cards. Audegy2 and X-Fi?
 
your spelling of "audegy" makes me want to stab myself. please use the spelling "audigy" from now on.
 
todd2fst4u said:
your spelling of "audegy" makes me want to stab myself. please use the spelling "audigy" from now on.
Ah good old Audio forum, cracking me up.
 
todd2fst4u said:
your spelling of "audegy" makes me want to stab myself. please use the spelling "audigy" from now on.

Actually, I find the non-possesive use of the non-existent word "theirs" much more disconcerning.
 
The Audigy has more memory and better designed therefore you can have more distinct audio running at the same time. Will there be a difference of night and day? not really unless you got good speakers and the settings are well calibrated. Is it worth it? maybe If ur gonna jump the PCI express gun when they release a PCI-express version of this card buy it (if it hasn't been released), or if ur a gamer building a super rig. Honestly i own and Audigy 2, my boss has the X-Fi and listened to both, the difference only kicks in gaming and with a higher end speakers, sounded really good just not soo much different. If he had run a game my oppinion could have been different. In gaming I have heard it makes a difference but there's some glitch with BF2 and the headphones.
 
Hehe, thanks for replying, I ordered a X-Fi today, maby I should add that to my soon to be system.
 
Stellar said:
Actually, I find the non-possesive use of the non-existent word "theirs" much more disconcerning.


Actually, I believe the word you're looking for is disconcerting

When cracking on somebody for using a nonexistent word, I recommend trying to avoid using one yourself.
 
Back
Top