• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

difference between 193p and 193p+

omz

Gawd
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Messages
805
hey all, im looking to replace this old 17" CRT (bought a 3rd comp and i need a new monitor) with a nice 19" lcd
first time i saw the samsung 193p i thot "damn that is sexy" but the price was wayyy too much
now, i checked out the compusa deal and its pretty nice but i also saw the 193p+
can anyone tell me the difference between the two?
thanks!
 
well, i noticed that some people ahve been complaining about ghosting on the 193p but not on the 193p+ version. can anyone with any of the monitors tell me about your experience? thanks
 
I have the 173p and the ghosting is noticable. I have had it for 2 years now and would never trade it for another monitor. It is really sweet. The ghosting tends to go away when the monitor is really warm too.
I am playing FEAR right now and I am looking at bigger monitors, like a 20". My dad is also looking for a 17" lcd. I told him he could have mine but I am not convinced I would be happy with any other monitor so he has to wait, lol.

Text is sharp and all colors are bright and represented well. It also mounts to the wall which is awesome.

The 193+ uses 8ms gray to gray timing. I think the originals state 20ms black to white?

 
Back
Top