Differance Between I7 3930k & C1 & C2

spawn1980

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 15, 2009
Messages
91
What is the differance between the Regulaer 3930k and C1 & C2 S-spec SR0KY. I'm lost right now lol
 
I don't have it yet I only have 70% of the money right now and the rest friday. I was looking on ebay and I saw the regular "BX80619i73930K" then I saw a Used one call C2 SR0KY. My first instants was maybe it's a testing Bench chip.

Is the C1 the older Version?
 
I don't have it yet I only have 70% of the money right now and the rest friday. I was looking on ebay and I saw the regular "BX80619i73930K" then I saw a Used one call C2 SR0KY. My first instants was maybe it's a testing Bench chip.

Is the C1 the older Version?


Yeah, C1 is older.


If you're not using VT-d in ESXi it doesn't really matter which one you get I don't think.
 
ok you know your gonna have to break down VT-d in ESX so I'll know if it's something I'll use
 
ok you know your gonna have to break down VT-d in ESX so I'll know if it's something I'll use

VT-d allows you to pass PCI devices through to virtual machines. The only software I know of that even takes advantage of it is ESX which is a standalone host OS for virtualization, so unless you're gonna install that instead of windows you'll probably never even use it.





this too :D
 
VT-d allows you to pass PCI devices through to virtual machines. The only software I know of that even takes advantage of it is ESX which is a standalone host OS for virtualization, so unless you're gonna install that instead of windows you'll probably never even use it.






this too :D

Ok I get it thanks
 
Last edited:
VT-d will hog whatever you use. So if you dedicate a GPU through VT-d to a VM you cannot use it on the host OS. It will literally reassign it exclusively to the guestVM
 
Well I won't be using any Virtual os VMWare. But do you think it's ok to buy a used 3930k as long as it wasn't stress tested? But then again people will lie to get things sold. What do you think
 
I already have everything I need motherboard case ram heatsink i'm pretty much set just wondering if a used cpu is very risky? it's a $100 cheaper 1 week old. I'm heavy into 3D Encoding and when I encoding I do 3 at once sometimes I burn a movie as well. Once in a while I'll do 6 either 720p or 1080p movies at once. My 2600k can do it but not that well takes a while. lol I'm going up to 32gb ram fill up the slots and the 6 cores. Hope that made sense i'm actually in a car texting. Shot Gun :D I actually do more but I don't want you to think i'm crazy
 
Back
Top