diff speeds

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
i got 4 sticks all 4 exactly the same except 2 are 3200 and 2 3000 can i use all 4 to gether asus x-399-e

Yes mixing using the speed of the slowest usually work, specially if they are the same brand and everything like you seem to say.

So let me give u the situation, so i had 8 sticks in my machine i spilled coffee on the computer so after testing i was left with 3 out of 8 ok so i got 2 more sticks today those are the ones they sent 3200 and the other 3 3000, so i put the 3 original ones in and it works fine. Under system info it says installed ph memory 24.0gb ok
i took the 3rd one out and popped in the 2 new ones in booted it up and checked it but it still says 24.0 should of it gone up to 36?

I only did going from 2 to 4 stick mixing speed, I would look my motherboard info about placement for a 3x speed, 2 y speed, if the 2 new one are 8 gig it should have went to 40.

Never had a 8 stick one, but maybe it is better to not put 2 different stick on some pair of them and you could try (after reading the manual) 2 of one speed and 2 of the other speed instead 3x and 2

So let me give u the situation, so i had 8 sticks in my machine i spilled coffee on the computer so after testing i was left with 3 out of 8 ok so i got 2 more sticks today those are the ones they sent 3200 and the other 3 3000, so i put the 3 original ones in and it works fine. Under system info it says installed ph memory 24.0gb ok
i took the 3rd one out and popped in the 2 new ones in booted it up and checked it but it still says 24.0 should of it gone up to 36?
4 x 8 = 32. It seems that the 4th stick is either not properly seated, or the slot is defective.

i think the slot on the mb is no good, one last ? is there a way to tell the speed the memory is running at, so if i try the 3 sticks same speed and the 4 sticks with the 2 diff speed ? i mean the computer is running fine cant tell a diff on my own....

oh if i run microsoft flight sim and check the frams per sec would i see a diff trying the diff memory combo?

is there a way to tell the speed the memory is running at,
If you are on windows 10, simply ctrl-shift-escape and go to the performance tab, you will see with the memory info at the bottom the speed, slots used and so on.

wow thats great new feature !!! lol im a nerd!!! so yes it says 3 slots used one is bad, now i beleave these slots are paired 1 n 2, 3 n 4 and so on so slot 3 is bad so do i skip 3 n 4 and put the 2 into 5 n 6 or leave the one in 4 and the one that was in 3 put into 5?

wow thats great new feature !!! lol im a nerd!!! so yes it says 3 slots used one is bad, now i beleave these slots are paired 1 n 2, 3 n 4 and so on so slot 3 is bad so do i skip 3 n 4 and put the 2 into 5 n 6 or leave the one in 4 and the one that was in 3 put into 5?
Has someone that never had recent more than 4 slot system that would be my reflex, I would maybe read the mannual to make sure but if I did not feel like taking the 2 minutes to do that I would assume they have some pairing and I would not mix ram kit in the same pair so say

1: Kit A
2: Kit A
--
3: Kit A
4: Nill
--
5: Kit B
6: Kit B

And than shift around if some slot does not work.

yes i have read the book and they are paired but the book dont give u info for differnt situations like if u got 3 sticks can u use 3 it just shows u how to use 1 stick and then the paring all the way up to fill up the 8 slots i will try that use 1 n 2 same sticks then slot 4 cause my 3 is bad then the other 2 sticks in 5 n 6 slot thanks

Back