diff - avg anti virus or avg internet security??

cv65user

Limp Gawd
if i get avg internet security then i dont need avg anti virus ? or do i still need to DL both

Just incase you missed it, Internet Security includes: Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Spam, Web Shield & Firewall

So no, you don't need to d/l the anti-virus separately

Please, please i beg you do not get grisoft products. Get something like symantec corporate.

Please, please i beg you do not get grisoft products. Get something like symantec corporate.

I personally wouldn't disregard this suggestion for Symantec Corporate Antivirus.

Though from what I've seen of the latest few versions of Symantec Antivirus, they seem to be heading down the bloated pathway (though definitely not to the extreme of the consumer "Norton" products). Additionally, Symantec Antivirus has several features that the OP likely will not use, such as connecting to and being maintained by a company's antivirus definitions/update server.

So what reasons would you recommend Symantec Antivirus over AVG Antivirus? I'm especially interested in any supporting links you'd have for this recommendation.

Symantec Corporate has one of the lowest resource consumption out of many other av suites. Its interface caters to a poweruser versus a lower level user, and it includes many of the consumer level features like timed scans. If you have ever used symantec corporate, it is definitely not bloated, and i dont see it getting there.

The main reason i believe in symantec corporate is once again its low resource usage, and i don't believe anti virus should be taking up processing power that is used by games. After all, i didn't build my computer to run anti-virus programs. I haven't found any reliable sites having a review of this, but if you ever use it im sure you will certainly agree.

*EDIT* Also i found that symantec's real time protection protected me well against anything i found on purpose to be harmful, and it found more in scans that avg.

Symantec Corporate, to me, is the best AV scanner out there, but isn't usually cost effective for home users. AVG is a great product, for free, but the package in question is fee-based. That being said, many will recommend NOD32, which I'm sure is a good product, but mainly gets thrown around because it is the "cool" app to use. Before you agree to buy AVG's suite, compare it with NOD32, and see what you prefer.

I also use NOD32 on some of my computers and it works well also. The ui is certainly more friendly with NOD32, however it does use more resources. If you would like, you may also get a 31-day trial of NOD32, to test it out.

Back