Did someone steal/hack HardFolding.com?

I don't know who was the team founder. The team founder can modify the team's url address by visiting this site

Searching around, I'm guessing BillR may be one of the founders but he is in a better place right now.

Maybe some of the old timers might know. relic Pocatello Gilthanis ?

The Hardfolding site was before my time and was dead by the time I got here. I want to say Kyle (FrgMstr ) had access to it as he had offered in the past to give people a way to revive it if they wanted to. Not sure all the details. I would recommend starting with him.

I have no information about the site. Sounds like it was abandoned years ago.

I think we want to modify our homepage URL in the Stanford folding@home site to the current URL but first we don't know who is/was the team founder. Our FAH team number in 33, so we are one of the earliest team to participate when Stanford rolled out the FAH. Currently there are more than 100,000 teams registered.

If we were to get it changed, would we point it back to the DC sub forums here? the Hard-DC site hasn't been updated since CV dropped off the map.

I just made a post on their face book asking what we need to do to changes it. I suggested the DC sub forum as a replacement

I was just looking into what happened here and was going to offer up hosting. If anyones interested and has agood name suggestion I can buy the domain and hold it (at least until I die, let's hope I live a long life) It can just point to the forum page or perhaps Be a quick intro and links to our stats etc. I'm happy to fully host this all costs covered. I use static hosting in Azure so it's pretty cheap as it just uses the CDN layer. Bias note: I work for Microsoft and am not attempting to sell Azure here as I would be paying for everything here. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Last I spoke with motqalden , they never replied to him about getting the team listing adjusted. I'm pretty sure they are all too busy right now for this sort of thing but will keep checking on it. JosiahBradley , we will certainly take this into consideration once we have an idea if we can even get the link changed.

IIRC CV was trying to revive the hardfolding site and bring the stats service back up, but i don't think he ever finished the project.

I do not recall him working on the Folding@home part. I do know he was developing the Hard-DC.com site. However, he has been MIA since mid last year. So, not sure when he will be back or ready to resume.
http://www.hard-dc.com/

Back