Did my EVGA G2 go bad?

Motley

2[H]4U
I just got a new case, the BeQuiet Dark Base Pro. I have the Asus CH6 mobo.

I just finished installing everything into the new case, and everything was working fine in the old case.

I have the EVGA G2 850. And the system won't power on, no mobo lights, nothing.

I'm an experienced builder, so I know how to hook everything up.

I tried a different set of motherboard power cables, and I also tried using the extra 4 pin power connector.

I have no idea what happened? Did my power supply go bad?

Holy shit batman, you were right! I removed the motherboard and sure enough there was an extra stud in there right smack in the middle.

I feel like a dumbass I didn't see that.

Alls good now, thanks for the help!

Glad you got it working.
I always double check to make sure that the studs match the holes in the board when installing.

It's both awesome and disturbing that Zepher got it on the first try.

You may have a stalker OP

Another thing I figured out during all this. When I ripped everything out of the case. I just got some new Cablemods cables set and discovered I had I bad 8 pin CPU cable.

Why wonder it wouldn't power on. Extra stud in case, bad cable. Geeeezus man.

Another thing I figured out during all this. When I ripped everything out of the case. I just got some new Cablemods cables set and discovered I had I bad 8 pin CPU cable.

Why wonder it wouldn't power on. Extra stud in case, bad cable. Geeeezus man.

Motley, please check again. I don't want to cart wood into the woods, but ff there were two faults, chances are there is a third problem. Three times the charm.
Some things you can make sure of:
- after connecting a power plug, push the bundle of wires down as well to make sure none of the individual wires left their housing,
- check for unevenly seated SATA power cables,
- make sure there's enough slack for power cables and sata data cables so they won't slide out,
- zip tie the wires that may gradually make their way to the CPU/GPU fan as they settle,
- with your index finger and thumb, slightly press down on the RAM modules to make sure the latches ... latch.

Hey guys I'm happy to report everything is working. I ripped everything out and started the build over.

Glad to hear that everything is up and running, you would have been one of the first EVGA G series PSU failures that I had heard of, they seem to have a very good success rate.

Back