I was playing some game and my computer froze.. then I rebooted and it used to not boot so I opened the computer up and I found that the fan on my ATI 9800 NP wasn't running.
So I went to compusa and get a VGA card fan. The compuer started running but there were artifacts/lines all over the screen.
So I went to newegg.com and ordered a VGA silencer Rev 3 .
I installed it and ran it and it ran perfectly.. but I didn't try to play any games with it.
Some one then sent me omegadrivers and told me to run it because I had good cooling now.. so I installed it and ran ATITool .. set it to 380/340 .. and then ran doom 3 time demo demo1 ... it ran great at 38 fps with no artifacts.. then I went back to windows.. and after 10 minutes lines started appearing everywhere.. I quickly decreased it back to Card default.. but the lines stayed there..
Now even if I reboot the lines and artifacts remain.. have I killed the card? Is there anything I can do to try to save it?
So I went to compusa and get a VGA card fan. The compuer started running but there were artifacts/lines all over the screen.
So I went to newegg.com and ordered a VGA silencer Rev 3 .
I installed it and ran it and it ran perfectly.. but I didn't try to play any games with it.
Some one then sent me omegadrivers and told me to run it because I had good cooling now.. so I installed it and ran ATITool .. set it to 380/340 .. and then ran doom 3 time demo demo1 ... it ran great at 38 fps with no artifacts.. then I went back to windows.. and after 10 minutes lines started appearing everywhere.. I quickly decreased it back to Card default.. but the lines stayed there..
Now even if I reboot the lines and artifacts remain.. have I killed the card? Is there anything I can do to try to save it?